Scott Genius etc motor cover removal - HOW ?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'm probably going to need to take he cover off, just the check the internals for the pre-wired/service etc.

But for the life of me i cant find any screw heads that would relate to it, and it appears that to get the side cover off, you need to take the motor off completely.

There is a plastic shell and a rubber protective bit on the underside, which also curls around the bottom of the motor. so would it be a case of removing all that first. Or does the motor have to come off ?.

This section 'Scott' doesnt seem to get much traffic. So if no replies ill ask in general.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'm probably going to need to take he cover off, just the check the internals for the pre-wired/service etc.

But for the life of me i cant find any screw heads that would relate to it, and it appears that to get the sid3e cover off, you need to take the motor off completely.

There is a plastic shell and a rubber protective bit on the underside, which also curls around the bottom of the motor. so would it be a case of removing all that first. Ore does the motor have to come off ?.

This section 'Scott' doesnt seem to get much traffic. So if no replies ill ask in general.
take the motor guard off ( the plastic cover on the underneath of the motor) and the screws holding the non drive cover on will be exposed

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles