Scott EBike warranty

DMO58

Aug 28, 2019
Sussex
Has anyone else been told by Scott that they do not cover any components in their warranty - only frame, swingarms and forks. They palm off anything else to the component manufacturer- specifically all aspects of the motor. They refuse to cover any labour costs which means that any Scott dealer will charge you for the benefit of using them - even though you have to under the warranty. So why bother buying a Scott if they dont stand by their product?

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I’ve owned a Scott egenius, the only thing that went wrong was the Bosch motor and that was replaced free of charge under warranty.

Elover

Feb 5, 2020
Chelmsford
I have a mondraker ecrafty and last month noticed motor was noisy and cranks seized when not in use. Had the bike 1.5 years and covered 1600 ish miles..... I had heard that bosch have the motor covered for two years, so took it to local bosch dealer and two weeks on a free new motor... Only had to pay £25 for their time, result.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Never had any issues that cost me money when I had my Genius eRide 920 with the Shimano motor.
Was only getting 40km out of a battery on the trails I ride and my dealer swapped chargers, battery and motor to see if things improved - all at no cost.

OlivierG34

Jul 30, 2020
Montpellier (France)
DM058 is right. I read that on the Warranty notice on Scott's website ("only the frame, and Scott components").
...and i also had a bad experience of shimano parts on my Syncro rear wheel (MD30) :( ...

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
My Ransom eride has a seatstay misaligment and a battery misalignment. Both are minor but are clearly bad manufacturing. I took it to usa scott dealer soon after purchase and was charged a bit of money only to look at it and tell me sorry but thats how it is and scott will not sort it out. The issues are not a huge deal but they are enough to put me off the brand. They are a small player and with the products being not quite right and the laughable warranty coverage they will surely stay that way.

mccoyman

Dec 26, 2022
Belgium
Last months i have back for warrenty on multiple issues with my patron.
Alltough Scott is very strict in their process and in no means provide any form of compensation, they due cover the complete bike in warrenty including the labor of the LBS, in my case:
* Broken bold for the bottle cage (at brand new bike, issue from the factory)
* Replacing full wire harnas en battery slave, damaged with repair above
* Replacing twin lock lever, damaged with transport above
* Rerouting headlight cable, not put back in place with repair above
* Changed cables for dropper and rear shock (incorrect placement when new)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles