Scott E-Genius 720

TINEOM1

Aug 22, 2018
Switzerland
Hi everyone,
I bought last week the Scott E-Genius 720.
What do you guys think about this bike? Anyone else driving it?
B3A5994C-3691-4481-A57A-E07637892CF5.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
I have a 710 for sale at the moment. Nice bike that will plow though anything like a monster truck. Very forgiving and easy to ride up and downhill.

Oh and welcome by the way, hope you enjoy the bike!

TINEOM1

Aug 22, 2018
Switzerland
I have a 710 for sale at the moment. Nice bike that will plow though anything like a monster truck. Very forgiving and easy to ride up and downhill.

Oh and welcome by the way, hope you enjoy the bike!
Thank you! I will!
Which bike do you own / drive at the moment???

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
The Scott has been replaced with a Rock Mountain Powerplay, mainly because I wanted something that felt more like a nimble trail bike. I also have a Focus raven2 hardtail with the fazua motor. My goal is definitely to get an e-bike that feels as close to a non e-bike as possible whist giving that help up the steep stuff.

TINEOM1

Aug 22, 2018
Switzerland
The Scott has been replaced with a Rock Mountain Powerplay, mainly because I wanted something that felt more like a nimble trail bike. I also have a Focus raven2 hardtail with the fazua motor. My goal is definitely to get an e-bike that feels as close to a non e-bike as possible whist giving that help up the steep stuff.
thats exactly the point, this would be awesome??, keep going mate!

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
How do you find the Fazua motor?

I am interested in the eZesty which has the Fazua, I would like to pre order this bike but need more info on the motor and how it performs.

Thanks

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Hi Interpaul,

I will be putting a fairly detailed post up soon but I love it. You need to be fit though, this is not an e-bike for the unfit to get into shape. It will help obviously but the small battery and the subtle assist mean you will need to put in a good deal of effort yourself. If you like powering everywhere in boost and to a lesser extent trail you may want to look elsewhere.

On the plus side it feels EXACTLY like a normal bike in terms of handling and it is easy to pedal with the motor off, something I cannot do comfortably with my RM Powerplay or Sott.

I am thinking of doing the south downs way on it in 2 legs so went out for a long ride trying to conserve the battery by turning it off unless I really needed it. Did 32 miles/3300ft climbing and only used 30-40% of the battery.

32.2 mi Mountain Bike Ride on August 21, 2018 by John B. on Strava

jansla

Aug 23, 2018
Sweden
hi! same here new e-genius 720 since two weeks now, bought online without any previous trying -enjoying :))
I hope you enjoy as well :)
just one question: swiching twinloc from fully open to traction mode changes position of the blue lever on schock but not on the fork, going further to lockout changes both blue dials on shock and fork as well, is it as it should be? I mean that the blue dial on fork stays not moves going from downhill to traction? Is it so on yours?

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi Interpaul,

I will be putting a fairly detailed post up soon but I love it. You need to be fit though, this is not an e-bike for the unfit to get into shape. It will help obviously but the small battery and the subtle assist mean you will need to put in a good deal of effort yourself. If you like powering everywhere in boost and to a lesser extent trail you may want to look elsewhere.

On the plus side it feels EXACTLY like a normal bike in terms of handling and it is easy to pedal with the motor off, something I cannot do comfortably with my RM Powerplay or Sott.

I am thinking of doing the south downs way on it in 2 legs so went out for a long ride trying to conserve the battery by turning it off unless I really needed it. Did 32 miles/3300ft climbing and only used 30-40% of the battery.

32.2 mi Mountain Bike Ride on August 21, 2018 by John B. on Strava
Thanks, am pretty fit and looking for abike that is closer to a normal MTB, I think I would have to test ride before I commit though.

I already have a Lapierre SX800 overvolt which I have had for 2 years, was looking for something to compliment that, so the Fazua motor is of interest.

The Rocky Mountain Powerplay also looks a super nice bike, it has great reviews and the natural feel of the bike also appeals, look forward to any reviews you do of that as well.

TINEOM1

Aug 22, 2018
Switzerland
hi! same here new e-genius 720 since two weeks now, bought online without any previous trying -enjoying :))
I hope you enjoy as well :)
just one question: swiching twinloc from fully open to traction mode changes position of the blue lever on schock but not on the fork, going further to lockout changes both blue dials on shock and fork as well, is it as it should be? I mean that the blue dial on fork stays not moves going from downhill to traction? Is it so on yours?
I am enjoying enormous!??, i can not tell you at the moment, i will try it at home. But my remote lock needs to be pulled strongly, do you have the same feeling on yours?

jansla

Aug 23, 2018
Sweden
I am enjoying enormous!??, i can not tell you at the moment, i will try it at home. But my remote lock needs to be pulled strongly, do you have the same feeling on yours?
remote lock lever not so hard, softer then seat dropper lever anyway - try to check all cables not being squeezed and routed well, mine needed some cosmetic correction after unboxing, seat dropper lever still too hard in my opinion so I'm going to check routing there under battery later on

TINEOM1

Aug 22, 2018
Switzerland
remote lock lever not so hard, softer then seat dropper lever anyway - try to check all cables not being squeezed and routed well, mine needed some cosmetic correction after unboxing, seat dropper lever still too hard in my opinion so I'm going to check routing there under battery later on

Ok, i will check it, thank you!
Second problem of me:
The battery needs to be pulled strongly too if i want to lock it in the bike, you have the same feel on yours?

jansla

Aug 23, 2018
Sweden
Ok, i will check it, thank you!
Second problem of me:
The battery needs to be pulled strongly too if i want to lock it in the bike, you have the same feel on yours?
well, same here, battery needs to be pushed quite hard to click it in place, but it seems to be something common at least for all e-bikes in my garage, my son's e-aspect 920 (Brose) needs even harder push to set the battery in place, and my wife's cube (Bosch) is not much softer as setting the battery goes. I think it may be worth checking out how the cables are routed there between the battery and the frame which may ev. explain the need to push so hard in your case and maybe some pinching of a dropper cable in mine. I think I will try to use a piece of a thin soft paper or foil, put it between the battery and inside the tube then remove battery and check for signs of squeezing on that paper. If I could find a piece of a classical old fashioned carbon paper (the one for making copies typewriting or handwriting) I mean covered one side with loosely bound dry ink or pigment so it will stain places that come in contact when battery is in its place. Analogy to what dentists use to check if your teeth come to close each other after repair/filling. That may work even better. Not sure I’ll have time this coming weekend to try this but we’ll see...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles