Scott aspect eride 940

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing one and going for a test tomorrow.
I've been looking online and so far, haven't seen any reviews, nothing of worth anyway.

Anyone one here owned one or know if these are any good?

This is my first delve into ebikes, will be used for assistance as my knees are shot.

Cheers.

Steve.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
If I were you I'd keep saving those pennies and opt for a sus. HT's(been riding HT's for too long) are just really harsh, and given your knees are showing wear, an HT isnt going to do them any good

Outwith that the spec line up on the Aspect 940 is pretty low, the fork on it you can currently buy for £29.99 and its a heavy old bit of kit without much adjustment.
Bottom of the range 2 pot brakes arent going to provide a great deal of power, especially given the bike weighs 57lbs, so not really a step forward in that respect.
No dropper.

I think the motor is 65nm, as opposed to performance CX at 85nm. Smaller battery too at 500wh. 625wh and more recent systems are 750- interesting to note that the higher spec models,suss with the bigger batteries(750wh) still come in at the same weight as the aspect 940.

So again, I'd suggest saving up for longer and getting a bike thats worth getting. It will be more enjoyable. Plus you'll feel that you've spent a great deeal of money for a motor a battery and a pile of low end components. Bit of a bug bear of mine the spec offered on Ebikes. I feel its worth it spending more to get more, its already a fair chunk of change.

I've a Scott Genius 920. I would say thats the basic starting block for a decent Ebike. I spent a long time deciding, and went through 15 company bike and spec lists before deciding on the genius, basically as it comes with good quality fox bits, reasonable 4 pots and the rest of the spec isnt too poor for the amount of outlay.
Sometimes when you settle on a figure and take a short look about you dont really get the best idea of exactly whats on offer for a little more. Make compromises here, there to get a better fork, or brakes etc

Last edited:

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
Many thanks for the reply and some good information too.

I'd been speaking to the guys at the bike shop and they asked about my ideas, riding style, requirements and needs of f the bike.

I can see how there's good points for the FS bike, but I feel that I just don't need it.
I may well be very wrong and hopefully I'm not, I'll be willing to admit if I am though 🙂

After discussing things, I've went for. Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 750.
Should be arriving next week.

Really looking forward to getting out and about 🙂

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
If you do go for the HT, make sure you get a decent suspension seatpost. That should at least take some of the sting out of the trail.

Totally agree and has been mentioned to me by a few folk.
Not looked into them yet, will have a look about and see what's recommended.
Many thanks (y)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles