Levo Gen 2 Schrader on Roval rims?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Has anyone converted their Roval alloy rims (that come with the Levo) to Schrader tubeless valves?

I’m fed up with crap Presta but not sure if the rims will sustain a larger diameter hole drilled without weakening them.

Cheers

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Has anyone converted their Roval alloy rims (that come with the Levo) to Schrader tubeless valves?

I’m fed up with crap Presta but not sure if the rims will sustain a larger diameter hole drilled without weakening them.

Cheers
not sure , but you can buy spare presta cores for next to nothing if that's whats giving you problems

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yes. They'll be strong enough. You'll only be drilling the valve hole out to a 2. 5mm wider diameter.
Before tubeless (pre 00s) most mtb rims were shrader drilled. On the whole, Rim construction has gotten stronger since then, not weaker.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Yes. They'll be strong enough. You'll only be drilling the valve hole out to a 2. 5mm wider diameter.
Before tubeless (pre 00s) most mtb rims were shrader drilled. On the whole, Rim construction has gotten stronger since then, not weaker.

Good stuff cheers Gary, will get some ordered ? So long sh*** Presta!

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Good stuff cheers Gary, will get some ordered ? So long sh*** Presta!
I have at least a bad experience with Schrader valves on a city bike. When the tire is empty, it is very difficult to pump the tire. The valve just pushes into the rim. The Presta does not have this problem because it has a clamping ring.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I have at least a bad experience with Schrader valves on a city bike. When the tire is empty, it is very difficult to pump the tire. The valve just pushes into the rim. The Presta does not have this problem because it has a clamping ring.
Shrader tubes are also available with the valve fully threaded with a valve nut. Pretty pointless really as all you need to do to solve your issue is hold the valve in place while fitting the pump head

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles