Running out of pedal power down hill

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Hi all I’m new to the E bike revolution so go easy on me.
I’ve got a 2018 Levo which I might add is a total blast to ride. I love to ride knarly single track and down hill mainly and have purchased the levo as my uplift service.
How ever I find I’m running out of pedal power sometimes when ripping down the trails.
Would I be right in thinking that if I was to put a 36t ring up front it would give me more power top end. If this is the case has anyone done this and which brand chainring would be my best option
Hope this makes sense cheers

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Thanks dude for your reply.
Excuse my dumbness but what is the 104 BC about and is it just a chain ring straight swap with adjustments to my chain guide. Or do I need different bolts
Also will my original chain be ok for length if I increase to 36t
Cheers

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
BCD is Bolt Circle Diameter and is the measurement that determines the position of the chainring bolts.
You should be able to use the same bolts.

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
How did you get on with the change
All sorted now matey took all of 20 minutes to do the job. The hardest part was navigating the chain ring over the spider ( the children’s game operation sprung to mind ?)
I’ve found it to be a lot better now, I still can out pedal on some down hill sections but a dramatic difference from the standard 32t ??

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
All sorted now matey took all of 20 minutes to do the job. The hardest part was navigating the chain ring over the spider ( the children’s game operation sprung to mind ?)
I’ve found it to be a lot better now, I still can out pedal on some down hill sections but a dramatic difference from the standard 32t ??

What speeds are you now reaching with the change hypothetically of course ?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
This is a cool site I find useful for calculating potential speeds of different gear ratios: BikeCalc.com - Speed at all Cadences for any Gear and Wheel

speed.png

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
I find on flat fire roads when ya pushing on, And over the limit the gearing poor, just end up spinning,this is the time I like to save battery power but still got the legs to push, Deadmeat gave some good advice on this on the BLEvo post whilst mocking my grammar, ?guy seems to no his stuff.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I find on flat fire roads when ya pushing on, And over the limit the gearing poor, just end up spinning,this is the time I like to save battery power but still got the legs to push, Deadmeat gave some good advice on this on the BLEvo post whilst mocking my grammar, ?guy seems to no his stuff.
“Know”
Guy seems to know his stuff

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles