Rail (625Wh) Running a rail all year.

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
A practical one, but running the rail all year and through a U.K. slopfest of a winter.

Anyone do anything different to usual when looking after the bike through the winter?

Been tempted to get a hardtail for the winter (trek Roscoe 8 maybe) and keep the rail for the less muddy wet days, recently got a new cassette and chain and that wasn’t cheap with a general bearings service.

Tbh I’ve always ran a hardtail through the winter, much easier on / off the trains quick wash and then ready for the next day off work.

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
I’ve got a muc-off jet washer! Although rarely use it, pressure seems about right and not blown any bearing out yet!

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Just wash it, lube it, ride it.
I think eebs are event better in the winter because you can power though all the slop.

When washing, just be respectful to the electrics.
I can only add a little to this as i also use a neoprene battery cover in the winter
It keeps the crap out of the gabs and keeps the downtube nice,
Something like in the link not necessarily that one but similar .

Jujujuice

Jul 14, 2022
NZ
A practical one, but running the rail all year and through a U.K. slopfest of a winter.

Anyone do anything different to usual when looking after the bike through the winter?

Been tempted to get a hardtail for the winter (trek Roscoe 8 maybe) and keep the rail for the less muddy wet days, recently got a new cassette and chain and that wasn’t cheap with a general bearings service.

Tbh I’ve always ran a hardtail through the winter, much easier on / off the trains quick wash and then ready for the next day off work.
Also having a rear mud guard is useful! We have this one and it works well. DEFLECTOR RS75

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles