Rothbury 2.4.22

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Taking in some of the Simonside Hills ( including the classic Hepple to Hepple Whitfield descent)..Carriage Drive ( with naughty bits ) Debdon Woods ..and naughty Cragside bits ..
We once ruined a "period" film set which had Benedict Cumberbatch starring in it ..by riding over snow machine produced snow..😳..sorry !
Starting at the Riverside car park in Rothbury ( over the bridge from the village centre )..meeting at 10.00am..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I'd love to come along but I'm going out on the Saturday night, what time do you think we'd be back in Rothbury for?
It won't be a particularly fast pace Richy ..the best I can come up with would be mid afternoon ..however you are never too far away from the start so could cut loose at any time and be back to the start within 20-30 mins ..

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Excellent that sounds great, see you on Saturday
Have you a rough idea on distance?
Just wondering if I need to carry my second battery as I only have 504wh

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Don't suppose it would harm to carry the other ..however Ceebeem ( Colin ) who is leading this ride has the same battery ..without having a spare ..I will try and work out a rough guess..and edit this reply ..
Edit : roughly 18miles if it follows the route I'm thinking ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just a little advanced notice ..I'm going to post a ride for Threlkeld ( turnoff the A66 prior to Keswick) for 9.4.22..but will let this thread run its course first ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Sounds great and we keep promising to join you for an XC ride but we have a day booked with the Suspension Doctor at Hamsterley this Saturday. Have fun 👊🏼

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Sounds great and we keep promising to join you for an XC ride but we have a day booked with the Suspension Doctor at Hamsterley this Saturday. Have fun 👊🏼
Don't worry G ..
The better ride will be the week after but I'm guessing that will be the "wrong " weekend for Louise working ..?

Geordy paul

Feb 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Is this ride on Saturday? if so , sorry but have to miss out again as collecting my son from the airport.
However, Threlkeld sounds good and much closer to me than your other rides.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Taking in some of the Simonside Hills ( including the classic Hepple to Hepple Whitfield descent)..Carriage Drive ( with naughty bits ) Debdon Woods ..and naughty Cragside bits ..
We once ruined a "period" film set which had Benedict Cumberbatch starring in it ..by riding over snow machine produced snow..😳..sorry !
Starting at the Riverside car park in Rothbury ( over the bridge from the village centre )..meeting at 10.00am..

Had to Google the film, rather fittingly would that be ‘The Current War’?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Had to Google the film, rather fittingly would that be ‘The Current War’?
I'm not really sure ..the actual " set " was deserted.... but the timing is about right ( 2017 ) .
Edit: The security guards at the main gate did say it was about Edison ..and that fits ..Cragside being the first house in the country to have electricity...
We had entered the grounds via one of the side roads into the estate and they were non too pleased to see us ..😳

Last edited:

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I'm not really sure ..the actual " set " was deserted.... but the timing is about right ( 2017 ) .
Edit: The security guards at the main gate did say it was about Edison ..and that fits ..Cragside being the first house in the country to have electricity...
We had entered the grounds via one of the side roads into the estate and they were non too pleased to see us ..😳
You’d think electric bikes would fit right in lol 😂

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just to confirm that the ride is still on for tomorrow ..although if you had asked me first thing this morning I might have had a different answer as there was 3" of snow lying ..its all disappeared now and it is bright & sunny but bloody cold .
It's going to be another cold day tomorrow..
Colin , Jaco & Myself confirmed but The EMF is strangely quiet 🤫 😁
@Richywalker64 ..do you still have my mobile number in case there are any last minute glitches? ..you will be able to reach me up until about 9.15am tomorrow ..after which reception could be a bit patchy ..

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I'm still up for it tomorrow and looking forward to it.
I probably have your number in my call log somewhere but unfortunately I didn't save it so cannot guarantee it'll be the right one
I'll pm you mine

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Throughly enjoyed the ride today, hope it was worth the travel, one good thing came out of you joining us today Richy…….you brought the average age down a canny bit 🤣
Hope to ride with you again sometime

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Great ride out today and it was good to meet up and put faces to names
cheers guys
Great to meet you too Richy and look forward to showing you some " Cheviot Hills " riding in the not too distant future ...
Big thanks to Colin who never ceases to amaze me with his trail knowledge and always throws in a surprise..cheers for leading the ride old friend 😀.
A few pics ..
20220402_104846.jpg
20220402_111200.jpg
20220402_115228.jpg
20220402_132336.jpg
20220402_132342.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles