Roof bar bike rack for KSL

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I have had to swap in to a 2021 BMW 3 series for a few months whilst I am waiting for my new X5 to be delivered.

Looking for any advice on roof bar bike racks. I would never have considered putting my Levo or my old SC Bullet on the roof of my old X3 but I think I could get away with putting the Kenevo SL on the 3 series, not only is the bike much lighter but the car is a lot lower.

thanks in advance

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Would removing the front wheel bring it under 18kg? If so, I was using a Thule TopRide until recently and it worked well - fixes solidly by the fork so no frame clamping issues.

Beware though, if the dealer is lending you some roof bars (they’ve usually got a few lying about) you’ll need different Thule T-Track bolts for the bike carrier as the slots in BMW roof bars are wider than standard.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yakima High Road

Been running one for two years now and its the best roof mounted option, easy to use, super sturdy, and holds the bike properly. I believe has a 20kg weight limit, but has been hauling my Vitus without the battery in it which is just over 20kg with no issues.

I also have a couple of Thule bike racks and they are no where near as sturdy or solid as the Yakima. It is also compatible with all base bars, and the fixing system is super secure - i usually use the t bar for most racks but the strap system on the mount is a lot more secure and easy to take on and off if needed

BE33E951-9C65-43F4-9D0F-FD1630A809AD.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles