Rocky mountain instinct powerplay bc 90 edition 2021

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
What mudguards are people using on the above and any know a company that does frame protection as invisframe don't list it
Cherrs

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I have the 2021 RM Instinct PP C90 BC too and have had the original Fox fork mudguard on the 38. Works great. Havent bothered to find anything as elegant on the rear but curious to know of options.

I ordered mine with Ridewrap which is pretty solid and custom cut for the bike. Holds off against chafing but has actually come loose a bit around the crank area (shoe rubbing). Stuck elsewhere though.

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
I looked on Ridewrap and when I put bike details in it came back as model not covered?
Also any ideas what bottle cage works with one the bikes a large if that helps.
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
It’s there. Also, it’s on my bike.
IMG_1144.jpg

I havent had a bottle cage though. But if I were it seems it must be side loading on account of room. Actually the Syncros Trailor iS 2.0 (with CO2 cartridge and tools) is perfect as side loading and a bit skewered to the right too.

Last edited:

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
I went on Ridewrap unless I'm doing something wrong it's only coming up in xl not large
Cheers

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I went on Ridewrap unless I'm doing something wrong it's only coming up in xl not large
Cheers

You havent said anything about size until now. I just provided the alternative, but none of them cover all models in the world. Then you said Ridewrap didn’t provide for 2021 C90 BC Edition, which I said they did in my case. When you provide your size Large I see they don’t have the “tailored” kit for just that size. But I can’t see why a normal Instinct Powerplay kit wouldn’t fit for example? The frame is the same.

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Sorry my mistake it didn't mention mine was large I just assumed anyone that did a kit would cover all sizes but thx for your help

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Happy to help though! Don’t want to come off as grumpy. I’m pretty sure they can provide something that will fit the frame, it’s just odd they havent added that to the order form as 2021 C90 BC Large for their own sake.

Happy with yours?

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Yes well happy with it was gonna wait till new model but if u always waited for them u never buy one I had a 2019 altitude before so knew what to expect motor wise etc it is a lot different to my levo that I have as well
Cheers paul

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
You dont prefer one to the other? I had a 2020 Levo Comp with a motor that got replaced, but Specialized were great and the Brose 2.1 motor Power and belt driven feeling too.

I had tested most mainstream motors by then, and couldn’t forget how different Rocky’s Dyname 3.0 acted and felt. After changing the Levo to the same bike as you, a 2021 RM Instinct PP C90 BC ridden thus far this year, I’m even more sold on the motor, battery, bike and philosophy in general, but thought the electronic control system and app should have been much better. So I sprung on the chance to pre-launch pre-preorder a 2022 Altitude Powerplay C90 Rally with Fox DHX2 coil and the all new Powerplay system. Gets me a new “modern” stretched out geometry too which I didn’t crave. Also actually love and specifically wanted the minimal cockpit of our current bikes but think the new integrated display could be useful. It’s costly to upgrade only because of those reasons though, and not for most people when the ride is so good already.

Rip7

Nov 9, 2018
Worksop
Hard to say which I prefer as I've rode my levo s works a lot more as had it over a year was gonna wait for 22 model rm but I found it hard to pre order without seeing what it looked like colour wise etc and my nearest dealer wouldn't tell me much either.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
Hard to say which I prefer as I've rode my levo s works a lot more as had it over a year was gonna wait for 22 model rm but I found it hard to pre order without seeing what it looked like colour wise etc and my nearest dealer wouldn't tell me much either.

Without any especially nagging quibbles with it I would also just wait until it is actually shown and reviewed. But then availability may get worse (if it’s that good). The whole preorder process with all the secrecy pre-launch is a bit strange and you don’t actually know what you’ve signed on to buy. Especially on a total redo on a system working good since 2017 as well as big geometry changes. But I did get a quick FaceTime sweep over the catalogue so got a vague sense of colours

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
What mudguards are people using on the above and any know a company that does frame protection as invisframe don't list it
Cherrs
Mudguard-wise the rear is a Mudhugger 29er and the front is a Muckynutz. Both work well around here. I went for the long front guard to stop me eating road spray on the descent to town in when it's raining.
Rocky on Swampy Ridge road.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles