Rockshox fork for sduro 5.0 ???

bobber-job

Jan 26, 2020
bristol
Hi I have a 2019 sduro hard 7 5.0 and I'm close to selling it as I really don't like the suntour xcr fork. Does anybody know if rockshox sektor rl,as fitted to the 2019 8.0 model, will fit straight in the 5.0 frame? Are they worth the extra money? Thanks

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Assuming the 2019 models use the same frame as the 2020 models, you can compare the headtube length and angle to see if they're the same or very close using the geometry pics on the 2020 website.

Then Google rockshox sektor rl 2019 mtbr and have a read of peoples' opinions on MTBR

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
Use more money on the fork and be happy. Sektor is low end fork and there will be little to no improvement over Suntour. Find a clearance deal of Rockshox Pike, Yari or Revelation. Charger damper is worth the money but you can upgrade to it later.

bobber-job

Jan 26, 2020
bristol
thanks for the feedback- Ive found a nearly new set of 150mm Revelations that have just been serviced. They are 20mm longer than the 120mm Suntours so we'll see how they work. For what I paid for them Im happy to suck it and see- thanks again

bobber-job

Jan 26, 2020
bristol
Just got around to fitting the 150mm Revelations and they are indeed a revelation compared to the Suntours. Fitted straight on with no issuee. Cant say I notice any difference in the ride height due to the sag, so all is good. thanks for the help.

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
That's a good choice! You would have regretted getting a Sektor. My Focus Jam2 did have it for a moment and it was terrible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles