Rockshox axle

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I upgraded my forks to Rockshox Judy Gold about 4 months ago.
They work really well but the axle (boost 15mm x 110mm) has a cam lever to tighten it which then locks with a cam action. The cam part has stopped locking and the lever just flops. The axle stays in place but it isn’t locked.
Anyone had this? Is there an adjustment?
Any help appreciated. G.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
yes.....its a 2.5mm allen key and you can feel the adjustment as a click at a time. If it has come loose it needs lube.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Thanks Pdoz for the advice that was it....

Thanks Mikerb for the "click tip" and the 2.5 key as it seems to engage through a hole.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I transport the bike on a fork mount so the front wheel is removed each time and my axle lever has come loose a few times. I think when the axle gets dust mud etc on it the act of releasing the axle can loosen the adjustment. I found that cleaning it and lubing with chain dry lube keeps it reliable but that has to be done every few rides. There are better versions of the maxle if you get fed up with it! Im thinking of getting the stealth version for riding out and only using the lever version for storage and transport.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
My Levo Comp came with stealth ones front and back and I love them. Getting them undone on the trail to change tubes might be a PITA but I run tubeless so not bothered. Torque for a Maxle is 9-13Nm, for my little hands, hand tight with a y shaped Allen key tool plus 1/8 turn is right in the ball park, for the rear, as above plus 3/8 is smack on the 15Nm required.

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
I've got a stealth one in rear of my levo and a fixed bolt through axle in the front. The original flappy one in front kept coming loose. So I keep that one for just fixing my bike to the fork mount in the van.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Anyone noticed how darned confusing the online bike sites descriptions are?!! 15mmx 110mm for Rockshox fork should be enough??

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England
I was tempted by those at half the price of a maxle. Can you tell me if the description you put here is right for th Rev boost fork? I know it is 110x15mm but what the heck is the 158/11/M15*p1.5 bit all a bout? ( Im guessing M15 just means 15mm!)
158 is the overall length, 11 is the thread length, m15 is the diameter of the bolt through axle, and p1.5 is just the angle of the thread. Thats the correct one for the revelation fork. Or just measure your current one to make sure ?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
158 is the overall length, 11 is the thread length, m15 is the diameter of the bolt through axle, and p1.5 is just the angle of the thread. Thats the correct one for the revelation fork. Or just measure your current one to make sure ?
Thankyou. I did later look up Maxle in the SRAM service archive and compared with the Stealth for boost. The only difference I noted was the Maxle had 9mm thread as opposed to 11mm on the brand x. I assume that 2mm made not real difference?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
11mm thread fits perfectly flush to the outside fork leg. 9mm should be fine, will just be recessed in fork leg 2mm
If it is measued the same way as the Maxle the thread length is a part of the overall length so the extra 2mm thread will be between the fork legs. I was wndering if that is an issue...I doubt it so I have ordered one anyway. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
exactly the same description as the one you put up...bought from Tredz. At £13 its no risk!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles