Rockguardz protector and rear mudguard for a Rise

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Anyone got the Rockguardz protector fitted to a Rise?

Ive been having a few issues woth the bike in the wet which I'm putting down to water ingress. Looking at the Rockguardz protector, it looks as though it might do a good job of helping to keep water off the motor.

The pictures on the Rockguardz website aren't the best. I was wondering if anyone has one and could share some better pics so I can see how much coverage it gives the motor?

I'm imagining that it's not the toughest thing in the world, I'm not so bothered about using it as a skid plate or bash guard, just hoping that it gives a decent overlap of the gaps between the motor and the frame to try and keep some of the water on the outside.

I'm thinking that splashing through deep puddles, there must be a lot of water thrown at the BB/ motor area so anything that keeps it out of the frame can't be a bad thing.

Also on my mission to keep the water on the outside and gipw fully protect the bearing etc, I'm looking at the Sicomtb rear mudguard

Sicomtb rear mud guard

Which looks a bit neater than the usual mudhugger type.

Any feedback?

Tyre clearance doesn't look great for heavy mud

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I bought this guy off Amazon:

71CTSC2+YzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't have my Rise yet but on my wife's H30 it looks like it will fit well. It's more curved than the Sicomtb guard so I think it will deal with tire clearance better. Just to be clear I plan to put the long side pointing down.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Anyone got the Rockguardz protector fitted to a Rise?

Ive been having a few issues woth the bike in the wet which I'm putting down to water ingress. Looking at the Rockguardz protector, it looks as though it might do a good job of helping to keep water off the motor.
Anything that covers the motor *without sealing it* will increase water retention, not relieve it. You want the motor area to drain ASAP IMO. Adding a cover will just cause it to retain more water.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
Mudhugger Mk 2 rear guard attaches with velcro (or zip ties) and has a front extension to protect the charge port and the linkages to an extent - also stops the rider getting a muddy bum.

Ducman71

Apr 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
>> Whoops, just noticed the OP was asking about Rockguardz, not RockStop. I agree that the photos on the Rockguardz website are not very helpful to understand how it fits. If you are just interested in stopping water from getting in between the gap where the downtube meets the motor cover, I'd honestly just run a small strip of helicopter tape over that gap and be done with it. Anyway, if interested in how the RockStop works, read on....<<

Attached are some photos of how the RockStop covers the area around the motor. You do have a fair amount of flexibility to adjust the position fore/aft or laterally before you decide where to stick the attachment pads down. As you can see, I lined up one of the drain holes on the RockStop with one of the drain holes on the motor cover. There is a fair amount of space between the RockStop and the motor cover, so I'm not at all concerned about it holding water in, and of course it would help to serve as a splash shield to keep some water away of the leading edge of the gap between the frame and the motor cover. I actually don't care about that functionality at all, it's generally pretty dry where I ride. I have it mainly for protection from rock strikes on the carbon downtube. I have one on both my Rise and my wife's (pictured here).

IMG_7238.jpeg IMG_7236.jpeg IMG_7235.jpeg IMG_7237.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles