• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Rochshox Domain with 2.1 charger upgrade

monty1991

Nov 12, 2021
Northern Ireland
Has anyone fitted the 2.1 charger to ther domain forks? it's the same damper as the zeb. so would I get the performance as the zeb plus some extra weight?

would I be safer buying a pair of zeb forks?

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Domain with Charger 2.1 is almost identical to Zeb Ultimate. I believe it uses a slightly different material in the lowers, meaning it would weigh a touch more. Performance would be identical though, as both use 38mm stanchions and DebonAir spring.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
No probs dude. If you get any probs doing the deed, feel free to DM me...
CJ Forgive the thread hijack but would you mind a query? I have a Lyrik RC2 charger damper fork. I've recently given it a 200 hour service which went ok, new seal head, glide ring, o-rings, good bleed etc but I'm finding lockout non existent. I can live with it but I suspect something is up inside the bladder assembly. I've seen a video from Robbie at RSP in which he points out a damaged or dislodged o-ring in the compression stack will kill lockout, but I'm interested in your opinion and whether it's possible outside of trade to buy any of those internal parts - I certainly don't see a kit anywhere.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
CJ Forgive the thread hijack but would you mind a query? I have a Lyrik RC2 charger damper fork. I've recently given it a 200 hour service which went ok, new seal head, glide ring, o-rings, good bleed etc but I'm finding lockout non existent. I can live with it but I suspect something is up inside the bladder assembly. I've seen a video from Robbie at RSP in which he points out a damaged or dislodged o-ring in the compression stack will kill lockout, but I'm interested in your opinion and whether it's possible outside of trade to buy any of those internal parts - I certainly don't see a kit anywhere.
No worries bud. First thing I have to ask, are you 100% on the bleed? Unfortunately, the bladder and internals are not available aftermarket, so if the bleed is good then I'm afraid your only option is to take/send it to a good suspension service workshop. All of that said, the RC2 doesn't really lock out but, if you're talking about taking the bladder and internals apart, I guess you're competent enough to know how it felt before and after!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Thanks for that. Sure as i can be on the bleed. 20 minutes bleeding on vacuum & compressing the syringe, no bubbles, good damping post reassembly etc. Think I'll ride it over winter & see if it degrades any in performance & go from there but it occurs the last charger damper fork I ran was an RCT3 so on reflection, I'm comparing apples with oranges wondering where the lockout has gone! 👍

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles