Riding pals, Wigan?

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Hello, any other riders in or near Wigan? Looking for someone to ride with now I have my first ebike, haven’t persuaded any of my MTB mates to get one yet.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Yes I'm based in Hindley near Wigan. Currently unable to ride though because I had an injury were I pelted a tree at 30kph. Might be back in a month.

Let me know if your interested because I've never ridden with with anyone else with an electric bike.

Last edited:

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Hi mate, I've already got you on my Strava (Craig R). I spoke to you in Billinge Woods a while back.

Think your skill and fitness level might be above mine but I'm up for a ride sometime definitely.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Oh yes I noticed on Strava that you've done some E Biking recently. They're very much needed aren't they, some of the local routes round Wigan are a killer now that the ground is muddy ?

Maybe we could do a ride up Rivington to start with especially mid week day time (less walkers about)

Not the fastest myself as I'm recovering from injury. I'm going to be taking it easy for weeks. However my Bike (Turbo Levo) really puts the power down on the climbs without much effort.

Last edited:

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Yes it’s really helped me get out more, I wouldn’t bother riding half of the stuff round Wigan now it’s this muddy but I don’t mind it on the ebike.

Most of my riding is evenings or the odd Sunday morning really at the min. Sometimes get the odd dinner time ride in as I’m working from home currently.

Do you do any night riding round Wigan? I’ll send you my number on here if you fancy an evening or Sunday ride sometime.

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I'm in Hindley too, not the fittest either, hence the ebike ?

There's Pimbo bike park and Bickerstaffe trails 20 mins down the Lancs. Rivington is ok, but too many walkers and children last time I went.

kilowattMTB

Jul 23, 2021
Horwich
I'm at Hindley and ride Rivington and Wigan regularly
I occasionally (on the non eMTB) do the loop down into Adlington or Bolton and go round the cycleways through Hindley, Borsdane woods and up via the canal and Haigh Hall, then back around Rivington. Great for a beer at the end of the ride too at Rivi Club or the Brew Co.

Don't know Wigan all that well - we're normally coming through on the old railway or the canal up through Top Lock, coming in on the canal via Monton. A bit flat for my liking but suits the father in law. Hence why I'm searching for people that might want to do some rougher routes or show me where better routes are. There's the "National Cycle Route 55" on the old railway line through Wigan, but it's not passable anymore in places.

My mrs cousin is in Hindley as well, he's out all the time (for his youtube channel too) but doesn't ride eMTB. Not managed to get out for a day with him yet though.

I'm going to head out later today, family permitting, and look to do some distance.

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Been a while but does anyone fancy a ride out soon?

I'm happy to do Rivvy, Llandegla or Gisburn.

Weekends for me, unless its a night ride.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Do you still ride Wigan ?
I'd be up for a ride on Billinge Hill sometime soon if you know all the best lines coming down through the woods

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
To be honest mate, you probably know them better than me, But up for a ride there sometime, I've not got your skills though!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles