Rail (750Wh) riding modes

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
My google skills are weak this morning.....

Is there are description of what each mode actually does?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I thought Trek/Bosch had 4 peddle assist modes? (Eco, tour, eMTB and turbo). Do you mean the amount (%) of peddle assist for each mode? I don’t think the size of the battery (625w or 750w) makes any difference on the torque available in each mode but the size of the battery does make a difference on the duration.
(ps. Doesn’t a thread usually have a few posts before it goes completely sideways? ie; backpacks).(edit; I see the post has been deleted.)
I don’t think Bosch allows the user to adjust the percentage of assist (Nyon? Maybe). But I don’t know what % each mode provides. I’m fairly satisfied with the factory settings. Maybe the new models will allow some tweaking.

Last edited:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I thought Trek/Bosch had 4 peddle assist modes? (Eco, tour, eMTB and turbo). Do you mean the amount (%) of peddle assist for each mode? I don’t think the size of the battery (625w or 750w) makes any difference on the torque available in each mode but the size of the battery does make a difference on the duration.
(ps. Doesn’t a thread usually have a few posts before it goes completely sideways? ie; backpacks).(edit; I see the post has been deleted.)
I don’t think Bosch allows the user to adjust the percentage of assist (Nyon? Maybe). But I don’t know what % each mode provides. I’m fairly satisfied with the factory settings. Maybe the new models will allow some tweaking.

yeah, I think eMTB has some clever assist feature that adapts to user input, but was curious what Tour mode is? Is it simply a step up in assist from ECO? I’m guessing it is.?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Eco - Pointless.
Tour - Fantastic to start, until you try Turbo.
MTB - A bit like automatic gears, the harder you pedal the more times you are rewarded with Turbo.
Turbo - Need I say more.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I don’t use Tour-mode very much.
Rail FS; EMTB mode. 98%of the time.
PowerFly HT; Eco mode 85% of the time.
I might have used Tour mode a couple of times on both bikes in the past 3 years. I only use Turbo mode if I’m in vehicle traffic …which is rarely.
I found Tour mode a bit “jumpy”?. I’m usually in the mountain so eMTB mode. When I’m on the flats, with the wife or friends, eco mode or off when I’m on the Hardtail. It’s nice to have the option though.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
I don't know if the 2022 Treks come with EMTB Lite or TOUR+, so here are all the modes:

Percent Assist:
TURBO: 340%
eMTB: 140-340%
eMTB Lite: 140-250%
TOUR: 140%
TOUR+: 60-340%
ECO: 60%

Maximum Torque:
TURBO: 85Nm
eMTB: 85Nm
eMTB Lite: ~65Nm
TOUR: 50Nm
TOUR+: 85Nm
ECO: 40Nm

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Tour +does not go up to 340%, I think it's 140%.
"On flat terrain, Tour+ mode down-regulates the motor to the level of Eco mode to save energy. On steep climbs, it adapts to the rider’s performance and offers support up to the level of Turbo mode."
What MagicTour is for Moustache, TOUR+ is for Trek/Bosch

Last edited:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
"On flat terrain, Tour+ mode down-regulates the motor to the level of Eco mode to save energy. On steep climbs, it adapts to the rider’s performance and offers support up to the level of Turbo mode."
What MagicTour is for Moustache, TOUR+ is for Trek/Bosch

I stand corrected, mine certainly doesn't give me anything close to turbo. I wonder if cube have a different tune for it?

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
I stand corrected, mine certainly doesn't give me anything close to turbo. I wonder if cube have a different tune for it?
Cube's website says Tour+ is available. It may not come standard and you could still have the original Tour mode.
Cube's Canada site states the modes are Eco, Tour ("Steady support for long tours"), EMTB, and Turbo - so you could have the original Tour mode, which is 140%.

Last edited:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Cube's website says Tour+ is available. It may not come standard and you could still have the original Tour mode.
Cube's Canada site states the modes are Eco, Tour ("Steady support for long tours"), EMTB, and Turbo - so you could have the original Tour mode, which is 140%.
Ah that could well be it. Need to check as auto assistance from eco to turbo sounds great.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I don't know if the 2022 Treks come with EMTB Lite or TOUR+, so here are all the modes:

Percent Assist:
eMTB Lite: 140-250%
TOUR: 140%

Maximum Torque:
eMTB Lite: ~65Nm
TOUR: 50Nm

For the 2022 Rail it is

Percent Assist:

Maximum Torque:

Keep in mind you can alter the Eco and Turbo within the Bosch ebike flow app

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles