Rides around Cheltenham

TimSpin

Oct 10, 2021
Cheltenham
Hi bought an ebike couple of months ago and been doing some rides around Cleeve Hill and Leckhampton / Birdlip. Love it! Used to ride dirt bikes on legal green lanes so know some routes. Looking to find some people to ride with and find some more trails

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Cheltenham and County do regular rides every Saturday morning plus away days. They’ve moved out of the dark ages and now are pretty accepting of eBikes.

TimSpin

Oct 10, 2021
Cheltenham
Cheltenham and County do regular rides every Saturday morning plus away days. They’ve moved out of the dark ages and now are pretty accepting of eBikes.
Thanks will check it out. I've not yet witnessed any snootiness about eBikes, but that"s good to know.

TimSpin

Oct 10, 2021
Cheltenham
Looking more for trail riding, off road or downhill. Have full suspension and quite enjoy riding some gnarly terrain. Great ride last weekend out to Belas Knapp via Leckhampton hill, Andoversford and looping round Cleeve Hill, about 45km. Equally happy doing a short blast around Leckhampton Hill. Hope to see you out there :)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You’re more likely to see me in the Forest of Dean. In fact, I’m organising a group ride there in November.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

Sep 30, 2021
Forest Of Dean
I used to ride with the guys from Noahs Ark back in the day. I've got some old strava maps from when we used to ride around Brimscombe, Sapperton, Minch, Nailsworth. Pretty much all around the Stroud Valley. To be honest with you, any trail from the Royal William would be pretty easy to do, and I reckon you might even be able to extend your ride over to Randwick if you pick your line over the beacon nicely. Birdlip/Cranham/Popes Wood used to be my locals before I moved over to the FoD. Pretty much become your friendly ride leader for most of the wild trails around here.

TimSpin

Oct 10, 2021
Cheltenham
I used to ride with the guys from Noahs Ark back in the day. I've got some old strava maps from when we used to ride around Brimscombe, Sapperton, Minch, Nailsworth. Pretty much all around the Stroud Valley. To be honest with you, any trail from the Royal William would be pretty easy to do, and I reckon you might even be able to extend your ride over to Randwick if you pick your line over the beacon nicely. Birdlip/Cranham/Popes Wood used to be my locals before I moved over to the FoD. Pretty much become your friendly ride leader for most of the wild trails around here.
Thanks those areas in Stroud valley would be good. There was a good lane near the daneway I used to ride on my motorcycle. I'll take look. Any way you could share strava or GPX files? No worries if it's a hassle. Cheers!

Sep 30, 2021
Forest Of Dean
Thanks those areas in Stroud valley would be good. There was a good lane near the daneway I used to ride on my motorcycle. I'll take look. Any way you could share strava or GPX files? No worries if it's a hassle. Cheers!

There's 2 loops there. One was an expanded route where we went over to Winstone's on Rodborough common and down into Nailsworth, and the other would be be over to Sapperton and Siccaridge and beyond (Daneway). I'll try to find more of them, but these were back in 2014, so i can't remember how I named the rides.

Have fun finding them. Mind you, I do miss by Birdlip/Painswick sessions which I used to do, now that I live in the FoD

Attachments

• Noahs Shop ride.gpx
    427.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Sapperton.gpx
    496.7 KB · Views: 141

TimSpin

Oct 10, 2021
Cheltenham
There's 2 loops there. One was an expanded route where we went over to Winstone's on Rodborough common and down into Nailsworth, and the other would be be over to Sapperton and Siccaridge and beyond (Daneway). I'll try to find more of them, but these were back in 2014, so i can't remember how I named the rides.

Have fun finding them. Mind you, I do miss by Birdlip/Painswick sessions which I used to do, now that I live in the FoD
Thanks for this - much appreciated!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles