Ride decoy with spare battery?

mitphd

Dec 16, 2020
Orange County
I burn pretty quickly through the 540Wh battery (25 miles with 4K vert in eco mode) and it’s toast and would like to go on bigger rides. Anyone ride with a spare battery? What’s your setup like?
Thanks!!

Helajames

Dec 17, 2020
San Diego CA
Ride mine to work a couple days a week 20ish miles each way and was falling just short on my big climb on the way home. Looked at this and the big battery rumors and for the money and not carrying a second battery I got a second charger for my office.

maybe the 700wh battery will be released this year.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I've done two battery rides on my Decoy but always looped back to the cars to swap batteries. Or at the very least try to find a local spot to stash it at the bottom of the trails so I don't have to carry it on my back.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
the extra battery in the backpack will certainly be quite heavy but in my opinion it's worth it.

you can otherwise make the ugly hack with the 630wh battery and cut off a tab so it fits your bike.

mitphd

Dec 16, 2020
Orange County
the extra battery in the backpack will certainly be quite heavy but in my opinion it's worth it.

you can otherwise make the ugly hack with the 630wh battery and cut off a tab so it fits your bike.

Do you have more info on this? I haven’t seen a hack to put a 630wH on the Decoy.

mikecol

Mar 16, 2019
Treasure Island, FL USA
In USA: ordered mine last month and got it right away. Mount was assembled wrong (spacers on wrong sides). Shows in stock.

Was waiting for a bigger battery...but waited long enough. Having 2 batteries is great. Best part is not waiting on the charger...just swap and go. Not sure I want to carry it, but nice to have 2nd one charged in van and ready.

mitphd

Dec 16, 2020
Orange County
Ordered one as well in USA. Just rode yesterday while packing the second battery in a back pack. Was able to get over 5000ft of climbing in boost mode the entire time and have quite a bit left on the second battery. It’s nice to go for a ride without battery anxiety. My friend on a Levo was nearly empty.

I didn’t really notice the extra weight but I’m heavy already so percentage wise it isn’t adding too much.

Last edited:

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
In USA: ordered mine last month and got it right away. Mount was assembled wrong (spacers on wrong sides). Shows in stock.

Was waiting for a bigger battery...but waited long enough. Having 2 batteries is great. Best part is not waiting on the charger...just swap and go. Not sure I want to carry it, but nice to have 2nd one charged in van and ready.
Would you mind sharing the link on the site to order? I can't seem to find it.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Got the EVOC E-Ride back pack

B5816BEE-2273-455B-B3A9-F4EFA4DA2067.jpeg
A53DAC6B-72B5-462F-B821-096C8531575D.jpeg
65077784-2DC7-4852-8DD7-1492BA3D5CCB.jpeg

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
Hi, I'm considering buying a spare battery. Can someone confirm whether the Evoc Trail E Freeride above will take the Decoy battery, or any alternative back packs?
Thanks

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
On extremely long rides I can imagine I would like to carry an extra battery, but most rides I am fine with 540. Just came back from the alps and I did 1400hm with 10% left and my last ride I got 800hm with 50% left. Ride mostly in eco high (or 50nm, 60% assist) if trails get steep i ride in trail medium.

I would like to have the option of a bail-out battery of 200-250 Wh, but I suspect that is not going to come from YT anytime soon. Just as the promised 700wh battery in 2019 :(

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
Thank for the confirmation. How do you find the weight of the battery, (along with all the other kit) in the bag when riding?
Thanks

Its heavy but managable. I'm used to wearing a pack though. Pack is very good quality (as expected for the price) though I'm not a fan of the water tube routing (out the waist and up instead of the shoulder, which works but IMO not as well as my camelbaks.

On extremely long rides I can imagine I would like to carry an extra battery, but most rides I am fine with 540.

Yeah, I rarely carry an extra. I may do the MoCo epic this year (which has routes from 30-60 miles) and I'll need it then. I've stretched the 540 to almost 40 miles when there isn't a lot of climbing.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
The new norcos will have 540w battery option, and also a 700w and 900w. The 540 has me wondering if its the same battery as the decoy is using? Could that be a moee accesible route to get a battery? If so is the 700, or even 900, fit as well?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles