Replacement E8000 compatibility

engate

Mar 7, 2020
Hungary
Anyone knows if an e8000 from ebay will work with the Decoy?
Unfortunately the original e8000 is dead and cannot be repaired so I need a new one.

Thanks for the help

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Anyone knows if an e8000 from ebay will work with the Decoy?
Unfortunately the original e8000 is dead and cannot be repaired so I need a new one.

Thanks for the help
I warranteed an e8000 for my decoy. Shimano jhst sent me an e8000 replacement. Plugged it in and all good. Didnt touch a thing other than plugging the wires into it. Youre good.
If its not your tourque sensor failkng you might be able to get youre e8000 serviced. Check the "e8000 service" thread

engate

Mar 7, 2020
Hungary
The question is: Did shimano send it to you with custom settings? Obviously it's not a custom firmware otherwise you wouldn't be able to update the motor firmware.

By the way I tried to service it. The drive side axle bearing fell apart and destroyed the bearing house.The damage is too severe and it cannot be repaired :(

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I dont think the firmware differs between motors. Wheelsize and motor angle is the only possible difference i think. That can be set on the stunblocker app. Im no expert and still fumbling through this stuff. I think youre good but hopefully someone chimes in that can confirm or deny

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles