Replaced my 2018 S-Works Levo with 2019 Carbon Comp Levo

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Hello!

I recently replaced my 2018 S-Works Levo with a 2019 Carbon Comp Levo. I had a 2019 S-Works Levo on order but couldn't be given a date I would receive the bike so I purchased a 2019 Carbon Comp that was in stock and planned to upgrade everything on it.

Took it for a test ride to confirm that the motor was not noisy and was surprised that it is quieter than the 2018 motor. Motor is also smoother and rides more like a normal bike vs the 2018. Probably my favorite upgrade from the 2018. Super impressed.

The Fox suspension on the 2019 is also really good. I was getting ready to swap the fork to a Fox 36 and the shock to an X2 but feel no need. Happy with the suspension.

Like the 29" wheels over 27.5+. If I'm riding a brand new trail and not confident the 27.5+ offered better traction. Once I know a trail and go full gas I prefer the 29" wheels as they are more precise, easier to lean over in the turns and roll over everything.

Stock alloy wheelset I'm not too fond of. Already placed an order for the new Roval Traverse SL's and will be switching to Maxxis 2.5 DHF front and rear.

I was also planning on upgrading the drive train to XX1 but don't feel the need on an e-bike. Shifts were super smooth and reliable.

I will also upgrade the battery to the 700 watt. I think the 500 watt provides me plenty (30 miles/5000ft) but would be nice to get more.

IMAG0905.jpg

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Hello!

I recently replaced my 2018 S-Works Levo with a 2019 Carbon Comp Levo. I had a 2019 S-Works Levo on order but couldn't be given a date I would receive the bike so I purchased a 2019 Carbon Comp that was in stock and planned to upgrade everything on it.

Took it for a test ride to confirm that the motor was not noisy and was surprised that it is quieter than the 2018 motor. Motor is also smoother and rides more like a normal bike vs the 2018. Probably my favorite upgrade from the 2018. Super impressed.

The Fox suspension on the 2019 is also really good. I was getting ready to swap the fork to a Fox 36 and the shock to an X2 but feel no need. Happy with the suspension.

Like the 29" wheels over 27.5+. If I'm riding a brand new trail and not confident the 27.5+ offered better traction. Once I know a trail and go full gas I prefer the 29" wheels as they are more precise, easier to lean over in the turns and roll over everything.

Stock alloy wheelset I'm not too fond of. Already placed an order for the new Roval Traverse SL's and will be switching to Maxxis 2.5 DHF front and rear.

I was also planning on upgrading the drive train to XX1 but don't feel the need on an e-bike. Shifts were super smooth and reliable.

I will also upgrade the battery to the 700 watt. I think the 500 watt provides me plenty (30 miles/5000ft) but would be nice to get more.

View attachment 6136
Thanks for sharing - I have one ☝️ on order. What size did you go for vs the old bike and height please?

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
After 2 months of owning my 2019 Levo I'm ready to part ways with it. The motor cuts out constantly and just spent the past 2 weeks without the bike because it would not turn on. Had the CPU replaced so now it turns on but surges badly on the ride. Also frustrated that I'm unable to remove the speed limiter. Wish I would have kept my 2018 SWorks Levo. I'm done with e-bikes until they can get the issues resolved.

A shame to hear that. For what it's worth my 2019 Comp Carbon doesn't show any signs of these issues despite only ever being ridden in the worst of conditions. Never found myself needing more speed either, I presume you ride on road too?

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
After 2 months of owning my 2019 Levo I'm ready to part ways with it. The motor cuts out constantly and just spent the past 2 weeks without the bike because it would not turn on. Had the CPU replaced so now it turns on but surges badly on the ride. Also frustrated that I'm unable to remove the speed limiter. Wish I would have kept my 2018 SWorks Levo. I'm done with e-bikes until they can get the issues resolved.

Dont worry, you probably got a lemon, but they will resolve the issue. Sadly, today you can get faulty products regarding the hige end price, electronic, cars, etc.
Regarding speed limiter, be patient, it is just the matter of time, that procedure will be more widely adopted and known to public, it will be worth the wait. :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles