Removal and reinstallment of the shape it link for shock replacement

doomie

Jul 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi all. I am replacing the stock shock on my E160S V2 and obviously need to remove the shape it link and reinstall in the new shock. I've watched Whyte's video but it only covers the installment. Do i need a du bushing press to remove it (it does look like it)?. If so is there a specific one or any will do ? Thanks for help in advance.

Maxb

Patreon
Nov 29, 2018
South East England
Hi I recently changed my shock with a shape it link.
The bushing that you press in is quite soft so probably won't survive being removed.
My shock came from sprung they gave me some nylon bushing to try which fitted perfectly time will tell how long they last

doomie

Jul 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi I recently changed my shock with a shape it link.
The bushing that you press in is quite soft so probably won't survive being removed.
My shock came from sprung they gave me some nylon bushing to try which fitted perfectly time will tell how long they last
Thanks. How about removing the shape it link itself from within the bushing? Mine seem to be stuck but according to Whyte's video it should just be pushed in with your fingers so I'd assume similar thing on the way out.

hainman

Apr 8, 2021
Glasgow
Anyone know if I removed the shock and just turned it upside down would this change the link from Hi to Low?
It’s just an offset bush after all

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Anyone know if I removed the shock and just turned it upside down would this change the link from Hi to Low?
It’s just an offset bush after all
No it's the through bolt hole that is offset, you need to press out the bush, turn it 90 degrees and re-insert. Mine wouldn't go in by hand.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles