Levo Gen 2 Rear Triangle/Wheel flex question

Layton121

Dec 9, 2020
West Virginia
I have a rear triangle/wheel flex question on a 2021 levo comp. I installed a SRAM GX AXS drivetrain and I used a set of e13 LG1 Enduro wheels i had because they have an XD driver. I’d didn’t pay attention to it before but i can move the wheel/rear triangle quite a bit with my hands. Everything is tight and torqued. I don’t have another bike to compare it to, any ideas?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
That's really weird. Can you put the old rear wheel on and see if it still flexes? The only variable is the new rear wheel - right?

Layton121

Dec 9, 2020
West Virginia
Yes. I’m comparing it to my full carbon Intense Primer with Carbon wheels. It may have always had this flex but it seems excessive compared to the carbon bike. I can see the wheel and triangle flex but there’s no noise or play like something is loose.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I'd try to take it into a Specialized dealer to compare to other Levos and see what a mechanic says. My 2019 Levo Expert has a ton of miles and has zero flex

rodomotion

Sep 3, 2019
Chile
I've noticed the same, it is very flexy. 2019 base levo. add to that the play that the hub develop over time, needing regular adjustment.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I have a rear triangle/wheel flex question on a 2021 levo comp. I installed a SRAM GX AXS drivetrain and I used a set of e13 LG1 Enduro wheels i had because they have an XD driver. I’d didn’t pay attention to it before but i can move the wheel/rear triangle quite a bit with my hands. Everything is tight and torqued. I don’t have another bike to compare it to, any ideas?

Could be pivots are loose/bearings worn, loose axle/broken axle, or worn wheel bearings in the hub. eMTB axles seem to have a tendency to break way more than regular bikes.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would say generally speaking there is a surprising amount of flex in the back ends of FS bikes, especially when you have a 4 bar/horst link or similar with multiple connections/bearings.

Layton121

Dec 9, 2020
West Virginia
I would say generally speaking there is a surprising amount of flex in the back ends of FS bikes, especially when you have a 4 bar/horst link or similar with multiple connections/bearings.
It appears its just normal after comparing it to another levo. Compared to some other bikes it just seemed excessive.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles