Rear mudguard I found that fits ok

Brett #174

Jan 9, 2022
Tasmania
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a mudguard I've recently fitted to my Decoy MX. It's called a Polisport X-Cape, they're only $7 AUD on bikeINN.
I had to drill two holes in it to secure it properly to the seatstay brace, but apart from that it fits well and doesn't look half as dorky as most other brands.
It came with some really nice reuseable zip ties as well.
I do have a normal 2.4" wide 27.5" tyre on the rear which probably helps with clearance.
Seems to do a decent job of keeping muck from the rear tyre flinging onto the back of the motor or into the linkage.
Polisport make great quality dirtbike plastics so I'm confident it will stand up to a lot of abuse.

Cheers.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Sam233

Jul 19, 2020
Germany
I think the guard will rub the painting of on the frame where it is in contact with. On my Bike it rubbed off the carbon as well

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
I think the guard will rub the painting of on the frame where it is in contact with. On my Bike it rubbed off the carbon as well
I solved this by applying some heavy duty duct tape on frame. Works really well to protect.

off-topic: Is the 2.4inch tire in the rear not making your bottom bracket too low?

Brett #174

Jan 9, 2022
Tasmania
I solved this by applying some heavy duty duct tape on frame. Works really well to protect.

off-topic: Is the 2.4inch tire in the rear not making your bottom bracket too low?
I don't think so, I haven't had any pedal strikes or gotten caught up on anything yet. I'm still running the fork with the 170mm insert, maybe if I went to a 180mm it might give me grief, not sure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles