Rear Mud -Guard Options

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Rainy Season has become in NorCal. Me and my Rise got completely trashed with Mud yesterday. What options people running Rear Mudguard - I'm running 27.5 x 2.6. Any suggestions? I would like to keep mud my off me and my bike.

AdamSi

Aug 1, 2021
Challacombe, UK
I have the SKS Mudrocker and happy with it

nrgbod

Mar 11, 2022
Middlesbrough
Mudhugger FR fitted backwards on rear wheel. This works really well to keep the linkages and switch clean. I trimmed what was the curved front of the mudguard to a straighter shape.
I use an ass-saver lightweight thing under the seat to keep my back relatively clean an dry.
20220918_132913.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have always used a mudhugger FRX on the back (as per the post a bove) all year round, then in the winter fit a mudhugger rear over the top of them using re-useable zip ties. That way I can have the rear mudhugger on when it is needed or off when it is not, whilst the FRX continues to protect the pivot bearings etc all year round.

For a 27.5 you need the medium sized rear mudhugger. They dont look nice but virtually nothing else works as well to keep both the bike and rider dry and clean.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I live in the OR on the coast and have used fenders to varying effect for years. What I have finally decided is that the most coverage you can get is best damn the looks of the bike. I experimented on a rear fender I had adding more and more to it until there was no evidence of anything on my back. The MudRocker as suggested came the closest to what I ended up with. SKS Mudrocker Rear Mudguard, Black | Bikeinn

It also does a great job of keeping crap out of the pivot/bb area as well with the extender it comes with.

I got the Mucky Nutz front fender though because I liked the looks of it better and was cheaper than the MR version. I recently added some more to both the front and back of the fender to see just how much spray I can stop getting in my eyes and downtube area where my battery resides.

AndyMac

Jul 13, 2022
UK
Now that is genius, franciscoasismm! Love it :)
I went with a SKS Mudrocker rear too, with an RRP Proguard Max in the front.

jcismo1

Jul 22, 2021
Colorado
RRP Front Mudguard work really well on the rear. As you can see in the photo, there are a lot of rock chips that could have been avoided, had I installed it earlier.

0983B272-3CC0-4198-9BA7-522D511A623E.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles