Quick ride this afternoon

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Had a quick ride this afternoon with paul sonofwilliam after work. Really enjoying the bike, it's had it's teething issues but they seem to be sorted and its a cracker.

Ride was in our local Nerang State Forest where we were lucky enough to have the Comm games in Aus this year.
20181106_160257.jpg

20181106_164810.jpg

20181106_163501.jpg

20181106_164919.jpg

20181106_172234.jpg

20181106_172251.jpg

20181106_172354.jpg

20181106_180224.jpg

This is one part of the games track, nice rock berm.

20181106_180257.jpg

20181106_180446.jpg

Last edited:

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia
Had a quick ride this afternoon paul sonofwilliam after work. Really enjoying the bike, it's had it's teething issues but they seem to be sorted and its a cracker.

Ride was in our local Nerang State Forest where we were lucky enough to have the Comm games in Aus this year.
View attachment 7292

View attachment 7293

View attachment 7294

View attachment 7295

View attachment 7296

View attachment 7297

View attachment 7298

View attachment 7299
This is one part of the games track, nice rock berm.

View attachment 7300

View attachment 7301
Nice..Keep sharing !!

DarkBlueSheep

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane
Looks great Poppy!

Out of interest what were the teething problems you experienced with the bike? I pick mine up on Saturday so interested to know what issues you have had so I can look out for them.

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
Cheers for posting the pics @poppy. Liking the blue pedals. Was planning on that for mine when it gets here, but it’s good to see what it’ll look like. Looks great by the way.

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Looks great Poppy!

Out of interest what were the teething problems you experienced with the bike? I pick mine up on Saturday so interested to know what issues you have had so I can look out for them.

G'day mate, nothing major, on my 1st ride bike was great for about 15klms, then started turning itself off. I rode another 9klms and it did this 8 times. Would alway's switch back on no worries, more frustrating. Then when i got home i thought i would read the manual and whislt reading, throw it on charge. The charger went pop and that was that. Bike shop has looked after me well and have been helpful the whole time, gave me another charger and sent the other one back to Giant. They got onto Giant about the bike turning off and they kept insisting it was the battery lock. Second ride same things happening at about a similar distance. Back to the shop only this time i took a video of it happening so i could so the shop. Only this time Paul's bike dis the same thing, so they both went back. The boy's at the shop were back onto Giant again. Same thing, battery lock. Anyway, long story short, they re-adjusted everything and we went riding again and have no more issues at the moment.

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
What sort of range are you getting out of the battery?

To early to tell mate, i only use it on the 1st power setting and so far on 4 seperate rides approx 24-25klms with about 420mtr elevation on the tracks in the same area as the above pics it has used 1 light out of 5. So a theoretical 100 klms, but terrain, harder climbing all sorts of variables would vary battery usage. Would imagine on boost it would dissappear pretty quickly, they have heaps of torque and motor pretty well in 5.

Noddy

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Yeah, i was surprised did 15km on monday morning with 340m of elevation, using high on all the climbs and 3 on the flat and only used 2 lights in the hour ride.

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
Great pics mate.

Do t know how I missed the post

Re the battery lock, so basically they believe that th beater was coming or jarring loose due to the lock and hence shutting down?

So they adjusted how?

Have had no dramas with mine as yet .

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Yeah, apparently the lock adjustment has to be just right or the movement will shut it down. My battery is locked in a lot firmer now, which is noticeable when removing and installing the the battery. I had another issue the other day with the switch powering up after i washed the bike. I washed it with some soapy water in a spray bottle and rinced it off with a bucket of fresh water and a sponge, then chamois dryed it. The bike actaully switched itself on and would not turn off without battery removal. Then all the lights on the switch came on. I actually pressed the buttons with the battery removed and had the switch light up as well, so seems like a capacitor held charge. They have a new switch on order for me.

I went for another ride on Thursday afternoon and did 21klms with 451mtrs of climbing and the bike went awesome, not a single issue.
20181108_171952.jpg

20181108_171907.jpg

20181108_171915.jpg

20181108_172027.jpg

Paul is a pretty happy camper

Mambat

Mar 19, 2018
United Kingdom
Yeah, apparently the lock adjustment has to be just right or the movement will shut it down. My battery is locked in a lot firmer now, which is noticeable when removing and installing the the battery. I had another issue the other day with the switch powering up after i washed the bike. I washed it with some soapy water in a spray bottle and rinced it off with a bucket of fresh water and a sponge, then chamois dryed it. The bike actaully switched itself on and would not turn off without battery removal. Then all the lights on the switch came on. I actually pressed the buttons with the battery removed and had the switch light up as well, so seems like a capacitor held charge. They have a new switch on order for me.

The same thing has happened with my sons Stance!
Dropping off at LBS on Monday.................:unsure:

I had the same issue with my Levo after its first wash!
Best to just leave them dirty :)

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia
G'day mate, nothing major, on my 1st ride bike was great for about 15klms, then started turning itself off. I rode another 9klms and it did this 8 times. Would alway's switch back on no worries, more frustrating. Then when i got home i thought i would read the manual and whislt reading, throw it on charge. The charger went pop and that was that. Bike shop has looked after me well and have been helpful the whole time, gave me another charger and sent the other one back to Giant. They got onto Giant about the bike turning off and they kept insisting it was the battery lock. Second ride same things happening at about a similar distance. Back to the shop only this time i took a video of it happening so i could so the shop. Only this time Paul's bike dis the same thing, so they both went back. The boy's at the shop were back onto Giant again. Same thing, battery lock. Anyway, long story short, they re-adjusted everything and we went riding again and have no more issues at the moment.
do u have any idea how they adjust the battery lock? mine having the same issue. appreciated if u can help.

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia

I went for another ride on Thursday afternoon and did 21klms with 451mtrs of climbing and the bike went awesome, not a single issue.
they actually adjust the lock on the battery side or the bike side?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles