Questions for Chris Cocalis, CEO of Pivot Cycles

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hey all,

Not often that you get an offer from a CEO of a bike company to volunteer for an interview, so hugely thankful to Chris and Pivot for saying yes! Now, I'm going to get a list of things that I'm going to ask.

I need your help!

What would you like to know? It can be about anything bike related, but would be cool if we can get it to EMTB specific and perhaps around the industry, future for ebikes etc.

List your q's below and I will add it to my list to ask :)

Thanks
Rob.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Does he think the EMTB industry is heading towards more powerful bikes, or lighter longer range bikes.

I’m hoping the latter, mainly because I’m worried if they get more and more powerful they’ll eventually be banned from trails.

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
+1 on the Fazua motor. Specifically if they will introduce a full-suspension EMTB w/ the Fazua. I'd really like to see more lightweight FS EMTB options here in the USA w/ 20MPH max assist speed.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I saw an interview with him on Loam Wolf, its interesting because its from the American perspective where e-bikes seem a lot more controversial, particularly in terms of trail access. I kind of get the impression he's saying at times they had to make an e-bike because of European market demand. I know they worked for a while on the shuttle, and the shimano motor enabled them to use the DW Link suspension due to its size, as they couldn't get it to work well with the Bosch etc. Be interesting to get his view on his competitors because (and this is a good thing) they focused totally on making a great Pivot Bike with the shuttle, and i get the impression didn't look too much at what everyone else was doing.

He also mentions the Fazua motor as being really interesting in the interview

And ask him why the hell you need to undo so many bolts to get the battery out!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles