Levo Gen 2 Quest for a 2nd turbo levo expert in large

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Question, I found my 2021 turbo levo expert in a shop in PA. I live in Florida. I had decided that IF I could find one on a large I was going to hunt it down no matter where she lay. I started agressivly shopping dealer by dealer up and down the east coast. I got it in sept. I still have not seen one anywhere in large since then. I wonder if I ever will? Will they keep rolling them out or are they do e will h production. So glad I got mine and it is awesome so far. Pit deity 80 ml bars on it to help arm pum

IMG_20201103_171058.jpg

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi John,
What a lovely bike, you are very lucky.....I will explain!!
I'm from the UK and I have a lovely (but has not been trouble free) 2019 Levo Comp Carbon.
Back in August 2020, I ordered a large Levo Expert 2020 in the lovely cobalt blue like yours with two dealers to hedge my bets as I suspected that stock could be scarce in the UK......
Subsequently:
One dealer has had all their Spesh orders cancelled by Spesh HQ - so I missed out there as I could get a decent disc as per my 2019 model.
The second dealer never committed to an availability date, but initially said September, then October and then the latest was January 2021...... I'm not sure I will ever see one in reality (n.b this dealer has a very close relationship with Spesh)
In any case, I will not buy one now as they will almost certainly not be discounted, and I hear there is even a price hike of ~12%; these bikes are getting too expensive now
Conclusion: I was really looking forward to my lovely cobalt blue 50th birthday present to myself........ but now I have decided not to by Spesh again
Who will gain my business????? probably YT once the new EP8 and hopefully a 700 battery are specced
If not YT........ not sure :(
The irony is like many of us on the forum I suspect; is that we have the funds earmarked for a purchase.... but nothing available to buy! who would have thought that this scenario would ever occur!

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Hi John,
What a lovely bike, you are very lucky.....I will explain!!
I'm from the UK and I have a lovely (but has not been trouble free) 2019 Levo Comp Carbon.
Back in August 2020, I ordered a large Levo Expert 2020 in the lovely cobalt blue like yours with two dealers to hedge my bets as I suspected that stock could be scarce in the UK......
Subsequently:
One dealer has had all their Spesh orders cancelled by Spesh HQ - so I missed out there as I could get a decent disc as per my 2019 model.
The second dealer never committed to an availability date, but initially said September, then October and then the latest was January 2021...... I'm not sure I will ever see one in reality (n.b this dealer has a very close relationship with Spesh)
In any case, I will not buy one now as they will almost certainly not be discounted, and I hear there is even a price hike of ~12%; these bikes are getting too expensive now
Conclusion: I was really looking forward to my lovely cobalt blue 50th birthday present to myself........ but now I have decided not to by Spesh again
Who will gain my business????? probably YT once the new EP8 and hopefully a 700 battery are specced
If not YT........ not sure :(
The irony is like many of us on the forum I suspect; is that we have the funds earmarked for a purchase.... but nothing available to buy! who would have thought that this scenario would ever occur!
I thank you for your reply . You're right She is a beauty and you got the colors right!! Yah The dealers who did get them put in their orders early like March April that was told by them. I paid $8750.00 and your right they are now $9000.00 here in US. Cheers my friend

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Here ya go. And they'll ship it to you.

Thanks for thinking of me Rick!
I was after the 2021..... the reason I want an additional bike being that one of my 14 yr old twin boys has taken up mtb (from bmx'ing) and he is dead keen but wants an ebike so he can keep up with me..... also selfishly, an opportunity for a personal 50th birthday present, so a new one for me :) ........ just not the bike that I wanted or quick enough !!!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles