Purion vs kiox

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Hi guys I was thinking of retrofitting the kiox display on my 9.8 2020 rail just trying to find the correct mount that attaches to the top tube , can anyone let me know if it's worth doing ? I have brought the kiox kit but am having second thoughts about fitting it , has anyone else done this , and what did they think thanks

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
I did. I think it looks neater. The main thing I wanted was to display the battery as percentage.

A33233E2-2462-4971-856C-4C3C663093C6.jpeg

LowStandards

Sep 21, 2020
Uk
Well worth it

little things like reviewing your effort fs the motor helps with training

navigation

and the big one, the battery meter. The purion with 5 blocks is poor, do I have 100% or 80%? Or more importantly do I have 20% or 2%

GolfMaster52

Oct 19, 2020
Bentonville, Arkansas
Well worth it

little things like reviewing your effort fs the motor helps with training

navigation

and the big one, the battery meter. The purion with 5 blocks is poor, do I have 100% or 80%? Or more importantly do I have 20% or 2%

I agree, a nice upgrade. I could not find the W591512 - Trek Knock Block Kiox mount online. Went to my LBS, a Trek dealer, and they got it in a couple of days.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
I agree, a nice upgrade. I could not find the W591512 - Trek Knock Block Kiox mount online. Went to my LBS, a Trek dealer, and they got it in a couple of days.
Where was your local bike shop mate as I'm waiting till march to receive mine

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Regardless of where you mount the Kiox, a short tether or lanyard attached is important.
A mount for the stem is good location for me. I ordered the tube mount but changed my mind. I think what’s most important is that the Kiox can release magnetically in the event of a crash without losing it.

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
Regardless of where you mount the Kiox, a short tether or lanyard attached is important.
A mount for the stem is good location for me. I ordered the tube mount but changed my mind. I think what’s most important is that the Kiox can release magnetically in the event of a crash without losing it.
The tether is a great idea. I used an old phone / camera strap

F794ABB4-5425-4BF1-BDF7-EA359E43DA9C.jpeg

8C7A9CA1-3F38-4301-960B-87E46448D4BC.jpeg

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
IMO, everyone here is right :D

- If you want simplicity then keep the Purion
- If your into your settings exact battery %, wheel circumference, customizable screens with power outputs etc then Kiox is the one for you!

Sofaboy73

May 26, 2020
UK
If anyone has done this in the uk, what was the rough cost of the kiox kit and getting it fitted (or is it a fairly simple home retro fit?)

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Changing the wheel circumference - should give you a potentially more accurate speed, or if you don't care about accuracy, you maybe able to get an extra mph out of your bike before the speed restriction kicks in.

Can you fit it yourself - I'd say in general yes, if your a little handy with basic tools. The complexity will come from whether you have to take the crank arms of your bike, to get the motor cover off which could require a crank puller tool. I'd look at it it like this, fitting the actual Kiox and running the cable down to the motor is fairly straight forward, it's just how easy will it be for you to get your motor cover off to plug it in...
(Tip: I searched posts on here regarding my bike and removing the motor cover to get an idea for how easy it would be for me)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles