• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Product for Dyname 4.0 de-restriction exist yet?

sparrow

Mar 22, 2019
Rivendell123
Any derestriction devices for Dyname 4 yet? So I can ride my private road stretches to my private SingleTrack on my private acreage. Just bumping up to 25mph along my private roads, which is the only place I’d ever ride a derestricted eMTB, would sure beat 20mph within my gated private trail complex.

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
My LBS told me there is no such thing yet. Unlike the Dyname 3 that can be fully unlocked.

Hey, at least yours will do 20mph, here in europe we are stuck with ~15mph. I feel like im being overtaken by pedestrians :ROFLMAO:

Alex @ PLANET3.bike

Jun 18, 2019
Zagreb
Well, I don't know if full derestriction is the only thing that is satisfactory BUT if it's not then I've got 27 users currently running PLANET3s on their 2022 Rocky e-bikes with a 50% bump in assistance speed limit.

For more details please read the description and watch the video on this page: Instinct/Altitude PowerPlay A30/A50/A70/C70/C90 - PLANET3

It seems that on alloy frames there's no need to sand the back of the speed sensor to achieve clearance, only on carbon frames it seems to be necessary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles