Levo Gen 3 Problems Removing Lower Eyelet spacer hardware

Matty1551

Apr 24, 2021
Santa Clara, Ca
Hey all. Im in a bit of a bind. Hoping the levo crew can help. removed my stock 22 levo shock and would like to reuse the mounting hardware in my new shock. The lower eyelet hardware feels stuck or seized.

On my 20 levo, the lower eyelet hardware practically falls out when removing the shock from the bike.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

964E6242-159C-460B-B31E-151E2039236D.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Grab it with a smooth-jaw pliers and rotate gently as you pull the bushing out.
I haven't worked on a 22 Levo shock, but it stands to reason it would be just like a thousand other shocks.
Give it a try.

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
My ones just fall out , I actually lost one so I put some grease on them now , yeah as above I'd try the pliers trick 🤟🤟

Matty1551

Apr 24, 2021
Santa Clara, Ca
My ones just fall out , I actually lost one so I put some grease on them now , yeah as above I'd try the pliers trick 🤟🤟
Is yours a 22?Is it supposed to have a du bushing in the bottom eyelet? My 20 did not. I finally got them out but it wasn't easy. I ended up having to use a vice to get them in on my new shock

59D2BB68-2982-4B63-BA2C-64CFE2399FBD.jpeg

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Hey all. Im in a bit of a bind. Hoping the levo crew can help. removed my stock 22 levo shock and would like to reuse the mounting hardware in my new shock. The lower eyelet hardware feels stuck or seized.

On my 20 levo, the lower eyelet hardware practically falls out when removing the shock from the bike.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 95621
Bringing this thread back up because having same problem. I had an X2 fail on 2020 Levo SL and want to use a spare shock that already has these top hat spacers pressed in. Wondering if anyone knows a sure method to remove? ID of spacer is 8mm and I'm going to try a bearing extractor, all other tools I've tried are a fail, pliers, vice, small flathead screwdrivers to pry lip, can't get a grip on them and no way even a super fine screwdriver is getting under the lip. Why is this so difficult?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
thanks for that, was exactly right. Also here's an more detailed explanation from Specialized that should help anyone else that has same issue:

"I have found it easiest to use a small bladed flat head and wedge it between the space where the top hats meet inside the eyelet. I will wedge it (screwdriver) in there and slowly use a soft mallet hammer to push (hammer) the opposite end top hat out. You will need to readjust it to move around the circumference of the top hat until it cleanly pops out. Once one side is out, it is very easy to just use a screwdriver to pop the other spacer out.

I have found it helpful to use a vice of some sort to hold and elevate the shock so I can get clean strikes on the spacers.

Just be careful not to hit the screwdriver into the shock eye body. The spacers are pretty heavy duty and are meant to be removed this way. Consider replacing the top hats only if there is considerable damage to the flange. "

AZCN

Oct 29, 2019
Phoenix
Just like squeegee says, but I used one of the little curvy picks from harbor freight, wedge it in between that gap and rock it back-and-forth evenly on each side until it starts to work it’s way loose

BA33D20D-4BB1-4E08-9517-7A2CEE2D707A.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles