Problem removing internal battery - Merida !

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Hi,

Picked up my new 2021 Merida E-OneForty 700 on Saturday, and I'm either really, really stupid or I have a problem with the new bike!

I cannot remove the internal BT-E8036 battery. I've uploaded a short video demonstrating what I'm doing to try to remove it.

Trying to remove battery

Help!!

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
You have a problem. You should only need a quarter turn on the release catch and the battery should pop forward held by the catch on the battery. All you then do is press the top of the catch on the battery to finish the release process and take it out.

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
You have a problem. You should only need a quarter turn on the release catch and the battery should pop forward held by the catch on the battery. All you then do is press the top of the catch on the battery to finish the release process and take it out.

Thought so - thanks for confirming Tony :-(

Hopefully the guys at Buy A Bike will be helpful with sorting!

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Yeah, take it back, probably an issue with the spring on the latch. Don't mess with it yourself as the latch probably needs replacing.

Good luck with it. At worst they can replace top mount from a stock bike.

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Iv'e emailed the shop with a link to the video, so will see what they come back with. Hopefully it is something they can just sort for me when I take the bike in for the 6-8 week initial service as it's about a 2 hour drive each way to get there from home so definitely not just a "nip in" approach!

I have an integrated garage with power where the bike is stored, so no problems with charging in-bike.

As it's secured in as opposed to out, I should still be good to use the bike until then too - first outing planned for this Thursday as I've got the day off!

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
If its any consolation, I managed to snap the key off in mine yesterday. Only £35 for a new one! Bargain!

Blokie

May 30, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Update..

Guys have been very helpful - got an email back quickly saying passed to the workshop for review, and then a little later got the response from them saying they can see from the video that the bit behind the nut is broken. Initially given a price to replace, but challenged that saying I don't believe I'd used excessive force to break it which was accepted and they will replace for me.

I've agreed to get it sorted when I taske it in for the 6-8 week service as I'm about 2 hours drive each way fron the shop.

BubbaJ75

Jul 7, 2023
Uk
hi got a 2022 merida e160 700 had same issue took it to the shop this morning he bit confused. The shop going to contact shimano to see what is best course of action. when it goes in for 6 week check they hope to sort it then.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles