Price of a spare battery

Kenk3589

May 5, 2022
Usa
I want to build a e10 or possibly the new light carbon with an m820 motor.

How much does a typical battery cost?

I ask because I want to take my bike whenever I visit my family in California. Transporting an ebike without a battery is a lot easier than transporting an ebike with battery. I figured the enjoyment I get from riding in California makes getting an extra battery worthwhile.

MoabC&J

Mar 14, 2023
Moab, UT

I ask because I want to take my bike whenever I visit my family in California. Transporting an ebike without a battery is a lot easier than transporting an ebike with battery. I figured the enjoyment I get from riding in California makes getting an extra battery worthwhile.
We ride an e-tandem in Europe in a bunch of different places, and we have to fly with the bike. We have batteries stashed in key places, but when we have to get a battery to a different place we do what an Italian friend told us, "Put the battery in a box and ship it." ;>)

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia

Hey Ken,

I bought a second smaller-capacity (so lighter) battery for my E10 from Hipack Battery Store on Aliexpress, May 2022. Shipping was fast (arrived before the motor and frame in the end!).

48V 12Ah for E10 was AU$454 back then.

Hipack store is here: https://hipack.aliexpress.com/store/911376001

Just do a search for E10 - looks like they have both 12Ah and 15Ah available. Note that the BMS in these aftermarket batteries is different from the battery you may have received from Dengue/Bafang and so it won't report its capacity & charge to the controller in the same way.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
My preference is herbert@dtbatterydotcom in Shenzhen. Good communications and able to spec with either 18650 or 21700 cells. As an example my 52v 780wh 21700 cell battery was about $400 usd shipped to the OR.

Keep in mind that the cases for the E10 and the LC frame are different and you would need to specify which one. DT will also do a wrapped battery which can net a few more AH's in some cases if you can figure out how large it can be and how to secure it inside the frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles