Pre-installed front & rear lights

Vas

Nov 23, 2019
Greece
I want to purchase a FS Emtb (29er) with installed front and rear lights powered by the bike's battery.
I've done my homework, but couldn't find any.
Any suggestions please?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Many of the companies do them. Usually on bikes classed as 'Equipped'
Theres 2 in this range.
Scott -
And probably others.
If it helps, there was a recent thread about how much power they draw off the battery, and i seem to remember a quote of 10%, which would impact the bikes range.

Reactions: Vas

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
Many of the companies do them. Usually on bikes classed as 'Equipped'
Theres 2 in this range.
Scott -
And probably others.
If it helps, there was a recent thread about how much power they draw off the battery, and i seem to remember a quote of 10%, which would impact the bikes range.
My Flyon goes in limp-mode at 10%, because the system sees a light connect to the connector, seems this is a regulation.
I have disconnected front and rear lights and needed to reset the system to use full capacity of the battery.
Now i'm thinking how to connect them again without the system seeing them, maybe straight from the battery power cords and switched manually.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I looked at this, and the bosch gen 4 says i can, and the scott genius has pre installed the wiring, so i would just need to connect the lamp units and it would be ready to go at that.
Only I have also heard of problems emanating from having lights connected, beyond the battery drain, in the form of electrical problems(controller or something like that)
Plus i cant see how you could switch them off and it seems the light comes on when you switch the bike on. Which I'd prefer not to do. OK in lower light or dull days but not needed in the height of summer.
As such I decided it was better to go with standard lights(Cateye rear/Exposure front).

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
I looked at this, and the bosch gen 4 says i can, and the scott genius has pre installed the wiring, so i would just need to connect the lamp units and it would be ready to go at that.
Only I have also heard of problems emanating from having lights connected, beyond the battery drain, in the form of electrical problems(controller or something like that)
Plus i cant see how you could switch them off and it seems the light comes on when you switch the bike on. Which I'd prefer not to do. OK in lower light or dull days but not needed in the height of summer.
As such I decided it was better to go with standard lights(Cateye rear/Exposure front).
My wife has a gen4, you can switch the lights manually on the controller/ display, if you switch the bike off with the lights on, the next time you use the bike they turn on automatically.
She has the lights always on, because the light has a DRL function, Supernova M99 Pro.

Vas

Nov 23, 2019
Greece
Thanks for the suggestions, but I forgot to mention that it's got to also come with a shimano motor and also a dropper seatpost!
Any ideas?

Monkey Dog

Jun 4, 2020
Derbyshire
Thats surprising, given its a £5k bike Shame its a Small.
I was tempted myself, but had to restrain myself 🤣 Oh yeah & it was a small. Could've lived with it as I ride medium.
Can you share the link for the OP as I'm unable to. Xbox doesn't let folk have such luxuries 🤪

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland

It would have been pretty good to as spares. The motor and battery at least. And A bare frame would make for a sought after replacement if the price was fair. Forks,shock,brakes and drivetrain etc you could've made the costs of the battery/motor a fair bit less. But it seems to have gone now so maybe the link was an old one.

Vas

Nov 23, 2019
Greece

It would have been pretty good to as spares. The motor and battery at least. And A bare frame would make for a sought after replacement if the price was fair. Forks,shock,brakes and drivetrain etc you could've made the costs of the battery/motor a fair bit less. But it seems to have gone now so maybe the link was an old one.

Thanks for the link. Yeap, it's gone now. Do you remember the model name?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles