Powerplay altitude a50 mullet set up

Aviel_Tofekian

Sep 6, 2021
Eilat Israel
Anyone tried that or understand the geometry of the bike if its can work right? maybe with the "ride 9" settings?
Advantage and disadvantage i know i need to change the fork to a 29" fork.
Right now the altitude a50 powerplay comes with fox 36 27.5 160mm 37offset.

IMG-20210906-WA0000.jpeg

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
I’m not in a position to add value to this topic, but as no others have chimed in yet I’ll vaguely say this:

I know the frames of the new Altitude and new Instinct are identical apart from the rear shock mount. And as the Instinct has been 29" parallel with the 27.5" Altitude I would think your mullet issue is configurable somehow too, as with the chainstay length on the new ones and the fact that there are different size wheels on different frame sizes now (assuming those models prior to 2021 used identical frames too).

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
what Ride9 position do you run now? The mullet setup is never going to be more than 65 head Angle plus the 29 front if you run the steepest position you might find some lack of the snappy handling

150 29er fork, maybe a anglest and run ride9 in slackest position to low/keep the bottom braket in a reasonable height because 29er setup is 2cm higher ...

my english sucks I know sorry

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Now its on 5, when i do this setup its not need to be on the steep side of ride 9?

if you mean not need in terms of “the bike won’t work” no ... but BB is going to be very high if you set on the steepest side

no advantage of mullet unless you ride very rocky trails my friends, this ebike is about handling not plowing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles