Powerfly 9 equiped changing Bosch SPH to Nyon

LenM

Sep 9, 2021
White Rock BC
Hi, I can't seem to locate a thread that shows anyone has changed their Smartphonehub display to a Nyon? Conflicting reports on the wiring, do I have to change the wiring to the motor or can it be converted at the mount? Also, sounds like the motor doesn't need to be dropped. I added a front and rear light to my Powerly 4 and it was really easy. Hoping someone has done this so I can save a little time!!
Thanks

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
I went from Purion to Nyon. I had shop do it, was under $100. That was a year ago when it was new, I've worked on the bike enough that I could do it myself. When you installed the front light, did you have to run the wire down to the motor, or was it pre-wired? On Rail it was pre-wired, I fished out the bare-wire end from the upper part of the downtube (above the battery) and spliced it in. If your front light install required running it all the way to the motor, I'd think running the controller wire is pretty much the same. My understanding, though, is that the wire should run over the top of the motor, requiring a motor drop?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles