Power Help!? Jam+

BammBamm

Nov 21, 2018
Straya
Hey all,

My Jam will turn on and ride fine on a full battery without issues. I'm encountering a problem where if half way thru a ride I let the bike sit and bike turns itself off, it is incredibly difficult to get it back on again. I push the on button, it will beep and show the loading screen before turning off again. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts before I can get it to stay on and ride again. Does anyone have any ideas what may be the problem and how to fix??

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
You don't say whether your bike is Shimano or Bosch powered but turning on a Shimano one is not always straightforward
When you say you "push" the on button are you keeping it pressed whilst it switches itself on? I find that is necessary.
If you have a Shimano system they can need a double switch on as per the handbook.

BammBamm

Nov 21, 2018
Straya
You don't say whether your bike is Shimano or Bosch powered but turning on a Shimano one is not always straightforward
When you say you "push" the on button are you keeping it pressed whilst it switches itself on? I find that is necessary.
If you have a Shimano system they can need a double switch on as per the handbook.

Hi yes sorry Shimano steps 8000. I've owned the bike for 2 years so well aware of the double press thing.
This is something else, it only happens when the bike has been ridden for a bit and turns itself off, never on first start.

BammBamm

Nov 21, 2018
Straya
Is there a way to do a factory reset?
I’ve updated all the firmware but I don’t think that’s it.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
have you checked the connections to the screen and motor ...I had something similar and it was the connections at the motor end ...cleaned the connectors and off we went ....maybe I was lucky.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Try a "press and hold" for quite a while, maybe as long as 30 seconds. The head mechanic at Sherwood Pines did this when my bike just would not power on. Never done that before or since. He called it a "hard start". He said that he was not trained on Shimano motors, but that it had worked on other motors. This time, for him, it worked in about 10 secs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles