Power bank/station for charging Bosch

Woodyboy

Dec 10, 2020
Uk
Hi, has anyone used a power station device to charge a Bosch Battery please? Amazon have some good deals this week and was looking at the Anker one to give me a boost when having a break at a bike park.
Anker Portable Power Station 256Wh

sam.spoons

Sep 8, 2022
M11MM
The Bosch charger for my wife's Trek outputs 36VDC at 2A so 72 Watts, that power bank can supply 200 Watts max so, in theory, it should do the job (try it straight away so you can return it if it doesn't work). but a one hour break would only give you an extra 60 or 65 Wh so maybe 12% extra into your 500 Wh battery. If it was me though, I'd just buy a second battery or a range extender battery.

Hardtail

Mar 8, 2021
Uk
Hi, has anyone used a power station device to charge a Bosch Battery please? Amazon have some good deals this week and was looking at the Anker one to give me a boost when having a break at a bike park.
Anker Portable Power Station 256Wh
I know the OP’s question was a little while ago… The Anker 256wh power station is LifeP04 which is arguably the best chemistry for the purpose, but it only discharges to 20% so it can only output 200ishWH, then there will be losses due to the 36v conversion which will be DC24/36/48v to 240v to 36v. Say another 10% efficiency loss.
You can do it but you really want around 1000wh+/- to make it useful, and so you can use it to make a cuppa charge anything else.
Then the solar panel is a great idea, but more money.
I have the Bluetti AC2000MAX with 375w ccigs solar on my camper van. I justify it by taking the bikes camping and now I only charge the Ebikes from it, ridden 4 times a week.
Cheap and power packs don’t really exist, but you can build your own LifePO4 batteries from 4.4v cells a lot cheaper if you are diy savvy!
👊🏼

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
One or two of these batteries:

and an inverter similar to this:

...and you have a cheap universal solution with a lot of other advantages.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles