Post your Merida eMTB pics here!

1nten5e

Jan 21, 2018
North West uk
Top of 'The Calf' highest peak in the Howgills.

IMG_20171110_155328_282.jpg

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
At last I received my Merida ordered on 6th of June :)
Picked it up yesterday and just did from store to house on it.

The pics on nature are at halfway store to home, and the photos at home are for the changes I did on the bike.
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 000.jpg
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 001.jpg
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 002.jpg
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 003.jpg
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 004.jpg
Merida eONE-SIXTY 900e as original 005.jpg

New eBike ´specific saddle, ordered this from Canyon website (this is the one that comes on Canyon Spectral:ON eBike although this is the Woman's version - don't know if I ordered wrong or they sent wrong - I will try it to see how I feel on it).
Canyon eBike Seat on my Merida 001.jpg

ShockWiz set for Fox 36 fork tuning.
Also possible to see on the lower part of the head tube the Invisiframe kit I put at night on the bike and fork (more than 4h hard work!!!).
ShockWiz on the Fox 36 fork 001.jpg

Front DT Swiss HX1501 29" wheel with
Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 tyre
Front Wheel changed to a 29er Maxxis Minion DHF 29x2.5 3c 001.jpg

That's it for now. Later today I'll hit the trails near home :)
Hope you like it :)

One more change that I want to do on the Merida... but it will be a not easy and fast project.
It seems quite obvious for me looking closely to the connection between motor and frame (specially the frame at the front of the motor) that Merida intended to do a skid plate below the motor for protection. Why they didn't include that skid plate I don't know but I think that maybe something can be made to use the base that merida left on the frame for it. I will soon post some pics of why I say this to see what you guys think.

Last edited:

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
Yesterday arrived the tire inserts I wanted to put on my Merida eMTB.

The option I went for is not cheap and it adds around 600grs to each wheel (so it's marketed as being for eBikes).

I went for MrWolf Smartmousse because of its advantages:

- No more punctures!!!! The rim/tire doesn't hold air anymore so it can't puncture.
- As long as the tire isn't worn out it continues to work despite holes and cuts :) (savings on new tires).
- The insert protects the rims from damage from strong wheel impacts (savings on damaged rims).
- The insert gives support to not burp sideways (better cornering control).
- The insert simulates an air pressure (it seems to me) somewhat below 20 psis for 27,5+ tires (better grip).
- The compression and rebound settings of the tire are not dependent of air pressure, instead they are set on the mousse for maximum grip on enduro riding eMTBs. In fact tires with this are like a new small controlled suspension.
- There is some adjustment with a very small inner tube that is sitting inside the mousse, just there to adjust the mousse to variations on tire sizes.

Just assembled it on the back wheel, my front wheel is a 29er and the 29 version still hasn't arrived. Will try it this weekend and later post here my first impressions.

MrWolf Smartmousse 001.jpg
MrWolf Smartmousse 002.jpg
MrWolf Smartmousse 003.jpg
MrWolf Smartmousse 004.jpg
MrWolf Smartmousse 005.jpg

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’d like to give that a try but it’s over £100 per tyre!

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
I’d like to give that a try but it’s over £100 per tyre!

Yes, but if it leads to not needing to buy a 27,5+ tire because it had a tear on the side it gets to be a lot cheaper. If leads to not damaging a rim on a high wheel impact it gets to be even more cheaper. However my first ride on it was not without problems, maybe I got a defective inner tube, it blown up after 21kms of riding :(

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
Interesting. I have read about the banger system but not the mousse. Mousses work a treat on Moto's so it's proven. Motor of the ebike will make it workable. Post your impressions.

I use Cushcore on my enduro bike front and rear and that along with tougher casing tires (Maxxis Double Down) has made a huge improvement for me with tire durability, flat prevention and even feel. Gives some damping characteristics to the tire.

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
Yesterday I took the Merida for a proper (first) ride on a route I know well, so comparing to my other bikes was easy. And I am not disappointed!
I thought it would be hard work to take tighter turns with a bike of this weight but that’s not the case. It didn't take long to get used to at all.
This bike feels very well balanced and I’m looking forward to take it to some trails in the hills in the next weeks (where I live it’s flat… not the best part in the world to live if you like mountainbiking).
First impression is really very good and I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun riding this bike.
Very happy with my choice! :)(y)

Next step is finetuning the suspension, I think I need an extra token in the fork. Unfortunately you need some special tool now to open the top cap? (edit, a cassette-tool will do... :rolleyes:)
I was planning to mount a Maxxis Rekon in the back, but doubting a little now. There's just more power to get to the ground wit an e-bike :)
DSC00649.JPG
DSC00653.JPG
DSC00654.JPG

Yes, the pizza plate is still there, haven't done the tubeless setup yet ;)
DSC00655.JPG
DSC00659.JPG
DSC00660.JPG

Last edited:

E-shai

Sep 2, 2018
ISRAEL
I need for this bike a stem 60mm long, 35 mm handle bar diameter, 6 degrees raze Di2 compatible which brand name has these parameters ?

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Yesterday I took the Merida for a proper (first) ride on a route I know well, so comparing to my other bikes was easy. And I am not disappointed!
I thought it would be hard work to take tighter turns with a bike of this weight but that’s not the case. It didn't take long to get used to at all.
This bike feels very well balanced and I’m looking forward to take it to some trails in the hills in the next weeks (where I live it’s flat… not the best part in the world to live if you like mountainbiking).
First impression is really very good and I think it’s gonna be a lot of fun riding this bike.
Very happy with my choice! :)(y)

Next step is finetuning the suspension, I think I need an extra token in the fork. Unfortunately you need some special tool now to open the top cap? (edit, a cassette-tool will do... :rolleyes:)
I was planning to mount a Maxxis Rekon in the back, but doubting a little now. There's just more power to get to the ground wit an e-bike :) View attachment 3563 View attachment 3564 View attachment 3565
Yes, the pizza plate is still there, haven't done the tubeless setup yet ;) View attachment 3566 View attachment 3567 View attachment 3568
Did you change the position of the dropper remote Re-Cycle? Mine is on the other side of the motor controls, i.e. closest to the stem. That seems a better place for it given how often you use the dropper compared to the motor control.

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
No, it's still just like on the photo.
I just returned from a week of mountainbiking in the French Alps where I used the dropper a lot and it's not that bad to operate this way.

Still I'm considering two other options:
1- buy the E7000 mode-switch and mount an under-bar remote lever for the dropper.
2- stick with this mode-switch and convert an old gripshifter to operate the dropper. Not sure if the triggers won't touch the gripshifter but that's easy enough to find out.

Having a little break:
DSC00695.JPG

On the Col de Tramouillon (2.288m):
DSC00784.JPG
DSC00787.JPG

Checking if the electronics can cope with a bit of water :) (yes, they did cope).
P1060051.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Wow looks amazing! Great photos - and glad your motor survived the swim!

Your Merida is an 800 right? It's just that mine was delivered with the dropper lever on the inside of the motor control levers. I've since reversed them (to be like yours) and it's way better this way. The dropper lever is closer to my thumb.

BTW whats size is that EVOC hydration back pack shown in the photo? Have you tried carrying a battery in it? I'm thinking of getting a bigger hydration pack and toying with the idea of also carrying a spare battery for those long rides :) Just not sure how well it will work.

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
No, it's a 900 (without the "E", so no di2 and RS suspension in stead of Fox).
I changed the shifting to Sram GX because I want gripshifters and upgraded the XT brakes to the four pot version.

The backpack is the Evoc Trail e-ride, it's designed to carry a spare battery for an e-bike. You can strap it securely in a special compartment and there's a back protector too.
I found it to be comfortable, taking into account the weight. Besides the battery I carried 2 liters to drink and the usual stuff for an alpine ride.
BIKE 2018 // FR TRAIL E-RIDE: EVOC LAUNCHES 1ST PROTECTOR BACKPACK SPECIFICALLY FOR E-MOUNTAIN BIKERS - EVOC - PROTECTIVE SPORTS PACKS

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Awesome. Thanks Re-Cycle. I'll check the bag out - sounds perfect. Good to get the feedback on the practicality of carrying a spare battery.

I don't think they have the 900 model in NZ.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles