Levo Gen 3 Post mounts

jacksonlui

Oct 8, 2022
san diego
It's pretty safe to say that you shouldn't use a rotor smaller than 200mm for full fats and it's probably better to go with a 223. Who cares about wait and having the best brake system will save you and hikers. Have you heard your rotors crying after a downhill run on your 50lb bike? I'm pretty sure it worked harder than you did.

Now having said that.... I'm not sure why Spec Levo still comes with a 180 direct mount, necessitating an adapter. I understand they want to be able to use a 200mm so they have a 20mm adapter. Most good rotors are 203mm and requires another adapter. Why not just do a 203mm direct mount? They can keep SRAM happy and use their 203 version and allow the rest of us to use any other rotor without an adapter. Better yet.. How about brake companies create brakes which can go between 203 and 180? Their mounts utilizes a fixing through bolt. They can make it so that it rotates on an axis with one end fitting a 203 and the other a 180.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
There is nothing wrong with using one adapter, but there is everything wrong with using 2 adapters together (yes, you still find folks which do this) ...
With 180mm PM you have much more options. If you want to run 203mm rotors just add 1,5mm washers on top of the +20mm PM adapter, or if you want to run 220/223mm rotors buy another adapter +40/43, they are not expensive, I really see no reason for rant here ...

jacksonlui

Oct 8, 2022
san diego
I like simplification when it makes sense. I don't want to deal with adapters and washers. I don't think anyone uses 180 rotors on a full fat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles