Popular trail centres / bike parks

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
@Moderator

Just a thought for this forum. Could you add a section for popular bike parks / trail centres across the UK / Europe / World ?

It would provide a place to discuss progression / features / sections etc at each location, and also provide some inspiration to travel further to places that we may not have considered previously

All the obvious ones could be added, Ill start a list, e.g:

Hamsterley
Glentress
Dalby
Stainburn
Sherwood Pines
Bike Park Wales
Coed Y Brenin
Forest of Dean
DYFI

Etc …

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Afan and CwmCarn
Some great footage of Caffell and Pedal-hounds at Cwm Carn. Caffell is my go to trail at present , in fact I just got back from there this morning. You dealt with Pedal-hounds/Kaiser well, there are some steep drops along the way that come out of nowhere if not familiar with the trail. They do not come across in the the video clips, but I am sure you know what I mean!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Some great footage of Caffell and Pedal-hounds at Cwm Carn. Caffell is my go to trail at present , in fact I just got back from there this morning. You dealt with Pedal-hounds/Kaiser well, there are some steep drops along the way that come out of nowhere if not familiar with the trail. They do not come across in the the video clips, but I am sure you know what I mean!
Yeah its the first time i've actually hit them properly, only riden there a few times and one of those times i was 5 weeks after a broken collar bone so didnt want to drop to flat and the others i made the mistakes of following the lines that all seem to avoid the jumps and drops lol

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Actually, thinking about, @Moderator , we don’t need to list out all the trail centres now, if you can simply add a ‘Bike Park / Trail Centre’ section in ‘Other’ then we can start our own list as new threads, using the title of the trail centre

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
How about you list them in the Travel section - as it's "places to go" ?

I can move this thread there and pin it as a guide.

Title each post "Bike Park : name of bike park / where it is" - hopefully if everyone then follows that format they will be easy to find.

Then, develop a standard format within the post of the type of information you expect to find.

?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
How about you list them in the Travel section - as it's "places to go" ?

I can move this thread there and pin it as a guide.

Title each post "Bike Park : name of bike park / where it is" - hopefully if everyone then follows that format they will be easy to find.

Then, develop a standard format within the post of the type of information you expect to find.

?

Fair enough, didn’t realise there was a travel section! I just used the search function earlier and found trail centres mentioned were all over the place in different threads

I’ll start a couple later, as funnily enough I’m currently lying in a field sunbathing at Dalby with my arm in a cast whilst my other half is off enjoying herself on the trails . Crap phone signal here ??

Thanks

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Really enjoyed our visit to Gisburn Forest ?

4297A9CB-22F8-4A0F-87B7-3D2D9BFE9F01.jpeg

E4B2826A-5F08-413C-8557-A378A0EE37E0.jpeg

167655F2-8ADD-4F0A-8102-B52171DB658D.jpeg

F9802A1C-9E71-41EA-B159-83285013574B.jpeg

F8629C8F-DFB9-4834-9A86-AF251DEEEA7B.jpeg

F988F78E-5443-4626-935E-101ECEA678F6.jpeg

7895163A-F0E6-4E3C-898B-F868D91624BA.jpeg

ADBCFE20-D901-44FF-A761-FC99262AFBFC.jpeg

sstenzz

Aug 15, 2019
Sweden
Änggården, Gothenburg Sweden.

Smack in the middle of the city, a lot of variation one of the best places in the country.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I have my own on Google maps with pins to show the location. Would be great if this sort of thing could be shared, like the members location map was.
Screenshot_20230707-074940.jpg

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
This is useful for finding trails, no map view but you can search certain area's and filter by type (DH, trail centres, pumptracks etc)

I also use trailforks app, that seems to cover most places.

Jul 30, 2022
Scotland
Scotland

Fort William - Chairlift access - 3 main trails. DH world cup, a challenging black, and possibly the worlds most disapointing blue.

Glencoe - Chairlift access - 2 main trails. Super fun but sketchy red. Very challenging black (I've not had the guts to try it yet).

Tarland Trails (2) - Just opened a few months ago. Everything there is incredibly fun. It's all red/blue, other than the black jump track. Something for everyone. I've made the 3 hour trip 3 times this year.

Cairngorms "Base Camp" trails - escalator type uplift brings you up 1/3 of the way - Brand new. I went to try it this weekend but it was closed due to to wind. Causing controversy as they appear to force you to pay to access public land.

Aviemore High Burnside - tried these for the first time at the weekend when Cairngorms was closed. Great trails but mostly black. I think it's all "unoffical" trails but they seem well maintained.

Laggan Wolftraxx - Another great trail center but it's a slog to get to the top - ebike would be lovely here. It's the home of THE SLAB.

Red Rocks (Rosemarkie) - Small trail center but fun trails. I wouldn't travel far just to go here but if you're in the area it's well worth it.

Glentress - There's a few trail centres around this area (i.e Innerleithen) but I've only tried Glentress. Good diverse mix of trails for all levels. Lots of contstruction going on right now for new trails. Well worth a visit.

The only non-Scottish places I've tried have been in Wales

Bike Park Wales - Needs no explanation.

Antur Stiniog - Uplift available - Very rough and exposed trails. Absolutely worth a visit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles