Polygon Siskiu T7E

iadmtb

Jan 23, 2023
Thousand Oaks, CA
Anyone looking to purchase this bike? Seems like a pretty good deal. I've always been intrigued by the analog version considering it had a solid component spec at a excellent price. Might consider getting one as a spare to my Turbo Levo.

Godzra

Jun 2, 2023
United States
Bike showed up a couple days early.... still in the build up phase. sexy bike/color! Hope it rides as nice as it looks. I was looking for a shorter rear chainstay like this bike, like to manual and be light with the front end over stuff.

PXL_20230606_000731500.jpg PXL_20230606_004018051.jpg PXL_20230606_004047280.jpg

CarolinaCrawler

Jan 30, 2023
North Carolina
The fork and shock are dumpster bait. You want the bike to be capable just add $1100 for a fork and shock.
I am inclined to agree on the fork, but the rear shock is supposed to be very similar to a DVO Topaz. I'd like to play around with it.

I currently have a Zeb and a Fox Float X that would fit it, so its kinda tempting!

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Have you ridden either? Or do you just assume that because it doesn't say Fox or Rockshox that it must be rubbish?
Have a riding buddy with a D7 SE…. Same fork and shock. He asked me to see what I could do for it. I pulled it down, the legs are a very soft 6000 alloy(super flexible ), there were no foam wiper seal rings to keep the wiper seals lubed. There were slots but no rings. The damper is stamped metal tube that is non service able. I lubed everything and added some rockshox suspension fluid to keep the things moving…. It helped some but these forks are just a little better that a Walmart bike. I would be shocked if the cost more than $100 for bikes online.

Godzra

Jun 2, 2023
United States
I can give a 5 month review, so far just absolutely love it. Have put 600 miles on it and have only had to replace the original chain a couple weeks ago(KMC to Shimano). It is hands down the favorite of my five bikes! Suspension has been great IMO, solid and predictable, soaking up all I have thrown at it. I have set top Strava marks on local my local single track downhill for my age group and I am competitive with the young guns times as well. To me it feels light and playful for a Ebike, I can compare it to A 2021 Giant Trance E with Rock Shock set up and My Salsa Spearfish full sus trail bike. I am trying to talk one of my buddies I raced BMX with into buying one.

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
Have a riding buddy with a D7 SE…. Same fork and shock. He asked me to see what I could do for it. I pulled it down, the legs are a very soft 6000 alloy(super flexible ), there were no foam wiper seal rings to keep the wiper seals lubed. There were slots but no rings. The damper is stamped metal tube that is non service able. I lubed everything and added some rockshox suspension fluid to keep the things moving…. It helped some but these forks are just a little better that a Walmart bike. I would be shocked if the cost more than $100 for bikes online.
Yeah, that's not great then 😂 I guess you could add some RS foam rings if there's a groove for them.

I had a Suntour XCM for a while which I was convinced I'd have to swap ASAP. It was actually surprisingly good.

Any thoughts on the rear shock? I know it's very similar to the DVO Topaz.

W0lfgang

Nov 23, 2023
United Kingdom
I am interested in this bike, and it is top of my list at present due to the price and the reviews I have seen. I won't post a fresh thread asking for feedback, but if you do have anything else to add as an owner (Godzra) as time goes by, please don't hesitate to drop it in this thread.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Reactions: A22

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
I can give a 5 month review, so far just absolutely love it. Have put 600 miles on it and have only had to replace the original chain a couple weeks ago(KMC to Shimano). It is hands down the favorite of my five bikes! Suspension has been great IMO, solid and predictable, soaking up all I have thrown at it. I have set top Strava marks on local my local single track downhill for my age group and I am competitive with the young guns times as well. To me it feels light and playful for a Ebike, I can compare it to A 2021 Giant Trance E with Rock Shock set up and My Salsa Spearfish full sus trail bike. I am trying to talk one of my buddies I raced BMX with into buying one.
How do you find the sizing of the bike? I'm close to ordering one, they are not due in NZ until Jan 10.

A22

Oct 20, 2023
New Zealand
Thanks, I'm 184cm but found some brands like Trek and Merida I could go XL, looks like L will fit me fine.
What sort of range are you getting out of the bike? I saw some reviews of the old EP800 motor saying that range was not as good as Bosch but then glowing reviews of the T7E's EP801.

Godzra

Jun 2, 2023
United States
Thanks, I'm 184cm but found some brands like Trek and Merida I could go XL, looks like L will fit me fine.
What sort of range are you getting out of the bike? I saw some reviews of the old EP800 motor saying that range was not as good as Bosch but then glowing reviews of the T7E's EP801.
Range has been good, I would say average a solid 3.5 hours / 35 miles in mostly turbo mode. I could probably squeeze out more in the lower modes for sure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles