Pole Voima swing arm CRACKED

Sander

Dec 29, 2022
NL
Hi Sander,

That's unfortunate. We've noticed that the issue you're experiencing typically develops over time; it doesn't happen suddenly. Our service team will replace the affected component for you. It's a straightforward fix.

While you're at it, please also inspect your swingarm for any cracks near the drive side and lower link joint. We've had instances of this, and it's crucial for everyone to check. Although we're not issuing a recall—since the issue is inconsistent and doesn't result in a catastrophic failure—it's better to be safe.

We are in the process of rolling out significant updates shortly to address these issues and will replace parts as needed.
Thanks Leo for your quick answer! Meanwhile can I ride my Voima or can I glue the part in temporarily? Thanks again, Sander

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Add me to the list of owners with cracked swingarms. Pole sorted it out quickly and sent new parts to replace the cracked ones. The new swingarms have bolt on brake mounts so it's a little annoying when they send the wrong sized mounts (after multiple emails requesting what size I wanted) and no mount bolts. After sales service is a bit of a lottery with these guys I've found.

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia
This thread is a bummer. Was about to press go but i'm pretty big/fast/heavy dude and hard on bikes and our trails aren't nice either.

Back to the drawing board!!!

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
This thread is a bummer. Was about to press go but i'm pretty big/fast/heavy dude and hard on bikes and our trails aren't nice either.

I think you'll find all these failures are on the first gen voimas, the rear triangle was redesigned for the ID models and I haven't heard of any failures on that model.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia

ALL bikes can break. This is the first generation only and the new swingarm is updated and stronger. Warranty was dealt with quickly and efficiently and I now have stronger parts. What's not to like?

Don't miss out on a great bike because a small % had issues.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

If that's the case you might as well stay away from 95% of the ebikes on the market....lol

Everything can fail, it's how a company stands behind the products, that's what sets them apart.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand

Yeah, I go pretty hard too. 4 months in and no breakage here. Like others said. If you look hard enough you will find failed frames in every brand.

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands

If you follow the post, somebody just messaged the CEO of Pole about an issue with his bike on an open forum. CEO then publicly advises to check for another defect, that will also be covered by warranty. It doesn't get any more transparent than this in the bike industry. An email with a photo is suffice for a replacement through the post. Which company does it any better than this ? Going through your local bike shop, proof of ownership, warranty voiding part changes, months of radio silence and all the rest of that bullshit is the usual way these things are handled. By the time they get back to you, your more than willing to accept the wrong size or a different colour. Your missing out on a special bike and a revolutionary company 🤷🏼‍♂️
I'd be interested to know which other bike you're considering?

Welh

May 26, 2021
Finland
I think you'll find all these failures are on the first gen voimas, the rear triangle was redesigned for the ID models and I haven't heard of any failures on that model.
Not true. Newer swingarms sitll have this issue but there should be new revision coming soon. There is still no news what is actually changed but hopefully the issue is finally resolved.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Yeah, my own bike cracked. Hoping the new revision will fix the issue. It seems that not every bike develops this issue but I would suggest for every owner to check it periodically.
Good to know. I’ve just fitted the new ones so will keep close eye on them.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Basingstoke UK
I don't have Instagram and get no audio watching in a browser.
As someone expecting a voima soon, I would say the right one is the latest?

Screenshot_20240309-104933.jpg

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
My drive side swing arm cracked. Reached out to support, sounds as though I’ll be receiving replacement swing arms (both sides) as soon as they get a production slot (sounds like they’re still behind due to machine downtime). Overall happy with the response, just hope it doesn’t draw out too long.

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
My drive side swing arm cracked. Reached out to support, sounds as though I’ll be receiving replacement swing arms (both sides) as soon as they get a production slot (sounds like they’re still behind due to machine downtime). Overall happy with the response, just hope it doesn’t draw out too long.
Hope they get you parts quickly! And prioritize broken bikes over new bikes 🤷‍♂️
It was my drive side that broke as well.
Take your time with the install

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
The replacement
Agreed on the prioritization.

Care to share the backstory on the take your time comment?
the replacement arm I received came with very few instructions, and I had a gap on the shock yoke after install. Pole advised torquing the axel bolts 10# beyond spec which wound up breaking the bolt heads. Luckily I had extra from the broken bits.
It’s a shame that this happening!

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
The replacement

the replacement arm I received came with very few instructions, and I had a gap on the shock yoke after install. Pole advised torquing the axel bolts 10# beyond spec which wound up breaking the bolt heads. Luckily I had extra from the broken bits.
It’s a shame that this happening!
Interesting, thanks for sharing. They did request a photo of the shock yoke so I’m assuming they have different versions of it and are insuring compatibility, likely due to what you dealt with.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles