Voima Orders/Shipping Options

King Liu

Dec 16, 2019
Wollongong
Has anyone had to make a warranty claim on the Pole Voima? I am going to buy an Ebike soon and am in Australia. This is in the top 3 and probably #1 at this point except for this question mark…
The bikes look very well built and tested. However I am wondering how a warranty claim would be handled given my distance from Finland and the fact they don’t seem to have any dealer/support network?
Anyone have any experience in this area that can provide some feedback?
Are the bikes ‘just that good’ that warranty is a non issue?
Feedback appreciated 👍🏻
Whatever you do, don't use the free shipping offer. Pay for the express shipping. The frame I ordered has been in shipping since the fourth of November to Sydney, the tracking has no updates, and no one has been able to answer enquiries about it. The battery was sent separately, and I've had it just sitting there since the fourteenth of November.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Whatever you do, don't use the free shipping offer. Pay for the express shipping. The frame I ordered has been in shipping since the fourth of November to Sydney, the tracking has no updates, and no one has been able to answer enquiries about it. The battery was sent separately, and I've had it just sitting there since the fourteenth of November.
Hey Lui, has it got an 'awaiting clearance' scan in Perth/Sydney yet? I'm in Sydney too but my frame shipped with the same method sat in Perth customs for ~3weeks. I waited for the First Notice from auspost to pay duty for more than two weeks but it never arrived. I ended up just lodging an import declaration and used the tracking number as the reference number you're meant to take from the First Notice.

Got the bill from customs next day, paid, then released one day later. Lesson learned: lodging incomplete documents is better than lodging nothing.

King Liu

Dec 16, 2019
Wollongong
Hey Lui, has it got an 'awaiting clearance' scan in Perth/Sydney yet? I'm in Sydney too but my frame shipped with the same method sat in Perth customs for ~3weeks. I waited for the First Notice from auspost to pay duty for more than two weeks but it never arrived. I ended up just lodging an import declaration and used the tracking number as the reference number you're meant to take from the First Notice.

Got the bill from customs next day, paid, then released one day later. Lesson learned: lodging incomplete documents is better than lodging nothing.
Tracking has said "The item is on its way to the destination country." and not changed at all since the fourth of last month. If it ever changes I'll use your method immediately.

King Liu

Dec 16, 2019
Wollongong
Build coming along very slowly. No tracking updates, but Pole have told me the frame is somewhere in Europe still. Free shipping was the worst bonus offer ever.

Voima build2.jpg

MarPec

Jan 5, 2023
Switzerland
Build coming along very slowly. No tracking updates, but Pole have told me the frame is somewhere in Europe still. Free shipping was the worst bonus offer ever.

View attachment 104399
If I understand correctly, you have been waiting for 2 months already? I feel sorry for you!

For my order placed on January 8, Chris told me 3 weeks of production/assembly time. I have no idea how long it will take to deliver.

For those of you who had it shipped in Europe with free shipping, how long did it take?

King Liu

Dec 16, 2019
Wollongong
I'm a week off three months since I placed the order and my card was charged. I'm going to ask for a refund at the end of this week. It's not likely it's ever coming, there's been no shipping update since the fourth of November, and they can work things out with the shipping company at their own pace. I'd avoid the free shipping bait if I had my time over, it's just not worth it.
The frame has actually arrived in Sydney. I'd given up hope. Going to get a customs agent to clear it quickly.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
Hi, I’m new here.
Just pulled a trigger on Voima K4, now waiting game begins. My last experience in 2018-2019 with Pole was stellar, before all the internet drama around them.
I already own Pole Machine XL and geo numbers are pretty similar looks like. Machine is still alive and kicking, not creaking)
Edit (how my ordering goes):
14 Feb - ordered.
17 Feb - released to production after some part discussion (post height, spring rate, crank length).
22 Feb - shipped to US, SoCal.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
^ So US customs held my bike and DHL made me fill out DOT HS-7 form, which has checkbox 8 which tells DOT that this vehicle is not for use on public roads and is not subject to regulations. It was quite simple, yet scary. A lot of legalese in this form.
Idk why it didn’t happen to other US voima buyers, maybe because frame only option( i got full bike) or just luck.
Idk if they going to make me pay any tariffs or not, will post results later.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
^ So US customs held my bike and DHL made me fill out DOT HS-7 form, which has checkbox 8 which tells DOT that this vehicle is not for use on public roads and is not subject to regulations. It was quite simple, yet scary. A lot of legalese in this form.
Idk why it didn’t happen to other US voima buyers, maybe because frame only option( i got full bike) or just luck.
Idk if they going to make me pay any tariffs or not, will post results later.
I bought the frame only option, shipped through DHL and still had to fill out the DOT form. It cost me $187 in customs fees. My buddy bought the full build and went through regular mail and DID NOT have to pay any fees or fill out any forms. If I had to do it again, I would have used regular mail.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
I bought the frame only option, shipped through DHL and still had to fill out the DOT form. It cost me $187 in customs fees. My buddy bought the full build and went through regular mail and DID NOT have to pay any fees or fill out any forms. If I had to do it again, I would have used regular mail.
I used free shipping option but it got sent via DHLE. I should have mentioned to use EMS, I also strongly prefer it to other options for international shipping.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
I went with free shipping and it was sent with DHL express. Had to upload customs documents and DOT form. it was not hard but a bit frustrating. Payed ~$190 in customs processing/fees. Then I requested vacation hold yet DHL attempted delivery today, while I’m not home.
Back in 2019 I used EMS/USPS and it was a breeze, no customs issues, less than a week en route, but it was not an e-bike ofc.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
Just offering regular shipping or DHL now. Trying to understand my best option. DHL is twice as expensive but if it less headache then might go that route.

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
There was a discussion of shipping methods couple pages back. I think ems/usps/regular is less hassle unlike dhle, but if your shipment gets stopped at customs it may be more. Basically there a good chance regular shipping method goes without customs processing and it’s what happens a lot. With dhle you will have to clear customs, upload forms and your ssn card or top portion of 1040 and sign power of attorney with dhle.

Jay29er

Subscriber
Jun 30, 2022
TN
There was a discussion of shipping methods couple pages back. I think ems/usps/regular is less hassle unlike dhle, but if your shipment gets stopped at customs it may be more. Basically there a good chance regular shipping method goes without customs processing and it’s what happens a lot. With dhle you will have to clear customs, upload forms and your ssn card or top portion of 1040 and sign power of attorney with dhle.
Thank you both for your help. Gonna stick with regular.

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
Just ordered the Voima ID, size K2. Has the ID started shipping to customers yet? If so, any idea what production time has been on these? Website says April and when I inquired I was told I’d be notified once in production but nothing more. This is going to be a tough wait.

Last edited:

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Just ordered the Voima ID, size K2. Has the ID started shipping to customers yet? If so, any idea what production time has been on these? Website says April and when I inquired I was told I’d be notified once in production but nothing more. This is going to be a tough wait.
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a K3 ID frameset, last email on March 17th. Hopefully it’s early April!

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I’m in the same boat. Ordered a K3 ID frameset, last email on March 17th. Hopefully it’s early April!
Yep, I ordered my new K1 Race I’d frameset on March 9th and sold my 22 Voima K1 frameset on March 10th. I can’t wait for the new one!! Thankfully this wait wont be as long as the first one. The new ones should start shipping in the beginning of April, hopefully! 🤞🏼

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Just a word to the wise, for anyone considering buying a Voima.
I went frame only and scoured the net for the cheapest deals on components I could find.
I have just been on Poles website and built a complete bike to the same spec as I've amassed and the built bike is actually cheaper!
Would have gone that route if I knew. 😔

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Yes ordered mine last week, was told shipment would be about 2 weeks after payment.
After watching video want it so bad now.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Just got shipment notification on a Voima ID, size K2!
That's good news👍
What shipping method have you used?
How did they inform you, by email?
I'm still waiting for my confirmation, ordered K1 on 31st March.

Murphius

Jun 19, 2020
Washington
That's good news👍
My order date was March 21. I went with the cheaper freight option (EMS I think). They sent an email with tracking numbers for the various shipments.

Hope you get confirmation of shipment soon!

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
That's good news👍
I ordered my K1 March 9th, but I don’t thing they’re going to start making and shipping them until they fulfill the K2 orders first. 😢

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles