Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I didn’t realize that my SDU’s reservoir was to the left because of the shock mount offsets, so the reservoir should be to the left (I don‘t want to reverse them).

The HBO adjustment will probably require taking the shock partially off, whichever way I mount it.

If I mount it with the reservoir near the lower shock mount, then the LSC dial is pointed up.

Thanks for all the info!

I would like to pair it with the new boxxer, but that is more money than I want to spend, more fork than I need,

I didn’t realize the a2c of the boxxer ultimate 200 is 602, so it’s slightly less than the Zeb Ultimate 190 at 606.

Last edited:

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I ordered a Mezzer Pro 180 mm ($700).

I will try it later on my Vioma, and since it is internally travel adjustable (using spacers) to 140 mm, if the steerer is left long, I can transfer it to another bike.

Is anyone running a 180 mm fork on their Vioma? Or another bike with less travel in the front than the rear?

Would a shock size of 250 mm x 72.5 mm (instead of 75 mm) give me 183 mm of rear travel on the Vioma? Will a 70 mm stroke give me 177 mm?

If I decide to try another shock and can’t find a 75 mm stroke, I’d rather get a shorter stroke than getting the trail link.

Last edited:

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I ordered a Mezzer Pro 180 mm ($700).

I will try it later on my Vioma, and since it is internally travel adjustable (using spacers) to 140 mm, if the steerer is left long, I can transfer it to another bike.

Is anyone running a 180 mm fork on their Vioma? Or another bike with less travel in the front than the rear?

Would a shock size of 250 mm x 72.5 mm (instead of 75 mm) give me 183 mm of rear travel on the Vioma? Will a 70 mm stroke give me 177 mm?

If I decide to try another shock and can’t find a 75 mm stroke, I’d rather get a shorter stroke than getting the trail link.

I'm running the 190mm front and rear.

Back in the day I ran a Santa Cruz v10, 250mm rear end 200 front.

I've ran my slayer 165 rear 180 front.

Personally i prefer a bit more at the front than the back.

What is important is to have matched performance front and rear. The v10 I had back in the day was undergunned at the front the rear could handle more than the front, meaning the bike was limited to what the front could handle.

The back end of the voima can handle a lot. If anything I'd upside the front to 200mm triples. The 190mm zeb ultimate I have is fantastic, but one day I'll throw a tripple on yhete to see what extra mayhem I can unlock.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
The boxxer looks great (Pinkbike suspension product of the year; seems like it might be a good match for the new Vivid Ultimate; both are Vioma options now), but I think it is at least a pound heavier than the Zeb.

I’ve wanted to try a Mezzer…it may drop my Vioma front end by 12 mm (lower A2C - my mullet setup is a tad too slack now), so I might want to get a higher rise bar to compensate.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
The boxxer looks great (Pinkbike suspension product of the year; seems like it might be a good match for the new Vivid Ultimate; both are Vioma options now), but I think it is at least a pound heavier than the Zeb.

I’ve wanted to try a Mezzer…it may drop my Vioma front end by 12 mm (lower A2C - my mullet setup is a tad too slack now), so I might want to get a higher rise bar to compensate.
Yeah, i get it re weight. Putting a tripple on will take the voima to almost 26kg.

But you can get a slightly lower axle to crown height a tripple clamps than a big travel single crown

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
I have Öhlins rxf 180 in my Voima. It works really well. I had 190 mm Zeb and the actual ride hight of the Öhlins is about same as the Zeb. Zeb sacked automatically about 10 mm. Bike feels quite balanced now with Ext e-storia shock.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Has anyone received a set of the newest swingarms Pole just announced?

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Has anyone received a set of the newest swingarms Pole just announced?

They’re only going on new Voima‘s and warrantied Voima’s with cracked swingarms. Are yours cracked?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
@Paul Mac did it in the smaller bike bag from Evoc. The Pro bike bag has plenty of space!
I've got a Voima K1 and a standard EVOC bike bag.
It's tight, but goes in if you let the air out of front and rear suspension.

IMG-20240115-WA0001.jpg

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
And total weight bag and bike w no battery ?
It was a balancing act keeping below the 32kg limit.
In the end I put the AXS derailleur and pedals in my carry on and put my riding boots, jacket and trousers with the bike.
Ended up weighing 31.4kg.
The bag on its own was nearly 9kg.

Snowdude

Feb 20, 2020
USA
Anyone installed the keyless system on Voima LED frame? It looks like I need to take off the mounting bracket to change the lock with keyless system. I unscrewed the two bolts by the blue arrow in the picture but bracket won't come off. Anyone done it? Do we need to undo some bolts from the fork side?

20240401_181256.jpg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Anyone installed the keyless system on Voima LED frame? It looks like I need to take off the mounting bracket to change the lock with keyless system. I unscrewed the two bolts by the blue arrow in the picture but bracket won't come off. Anyone done it? Do we need to undo some bolts from the fork side?

View attachment 137461
Stolen from the pole FB group if it's any help ?

Screenshot_20240403-073920.jpg
Screenshot_20240403-073937.jpg

Screenshot_20240403-074007.jpg

Screenshot_20240403-074017.jpg

Screenshot_20240403-074441.jpg

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
It is difficult to get off. The bracket slides on a zig-zag set of rails. I got mine off by gently prying it up and backwards while pulling on it. You need to wiggle and pull away, towards the bottom of the down tube. It will come off.

Snowdude

Feb 20, 2020
USA
Thank you everyone for the tips on how to get the keyless system installed. I ended up dismantling the fork and stem and pushed the mounting bracket out from behind. It was annoying but got the job done. I feel silly personalizing the keyless system to storm gray color. Whole contraption is housed inside. I will take that as a donation to Pole. Afterall, it is a killer bike!

Snowdude

Feb 20, 2020
USA
Hi everyone, I have another probem.
I have GX Transmission installed. It is shifting fine. On the last ride, I noticed my rear wheel wobbling side to side. Got home and noticed my transmission derailleur has a lateral play, this is with wheel off. It looks like it is almost missing a spacer, but I know transmission requires no spacers. When I put the wheel back on, I noticed the play is mostly gone. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I have GX Transmission installed. It is shifting fine. On the last ride, I noticed my rear wheel wobbling side to side. Got home and noticed my transmission derailleur has a lateral play, this is with wheel off. It looks like it is almost missing a spacer, but I know transmission requires no spacers. When I put the wheel back on, I noticed the play is mostly gone. Is this normal?
Doesn't sound right, I have no play in mine.
You say there's play in the derailleur even with the wheel off.
Can you see where it's wobbling from?
If it's the whole derailleur and the derailleur hanger, it's loose in the frame. So you would need to tighten the hanger bolt on the outside of the swing arm.
Think it's an 8mm Allen key which is left hand thread.
If it's not the hanger and just the derailleur, sounds like it's not seated on the hanger properly or the derailleur pivot has worn.
You are right there are no washers or spacers, the derailleur mounts straight to the hanger.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Check the red sleeve thing that goes into the frame that the derailleur bolt goes through. I’ve seen a similar issue and that sleeve was cracked causing the derailleur to wobble.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Also need to identify what AXS system you are using, I have the older AXS which uses a hanger, if you have the new T type they don't use a hanger.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles