Pole CEO: Why we switched from Brose to Bosch

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
A Finish Designer or a finish designer?
Pole is much better with the Bosch motor and huge battery. Did I hear him right …Brose Or Bosch motor available? What would you compare the geometry too?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Maybe Bosch just got it right with the algorithm and software. I also thought that with Broses history it would be a simple choice …but it wasn’t.

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
I do like the look of this bike. Be interesting to see how it reviews once they become available.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I think people automatically think of the Levo/Specialized when they think of Brose. Actually on that, the motor is Brose but the computer/tcu and battery was created through Specialized. Even the software on that bike is Specialized not Brose.

When other companies such as Pole buy Brose, they wouldnt get the same computer or battery as Specialized have; but rather have to design their own or buy the Brose direct version. The Brose version is quite different from the well known Specialized derivative.

Its a lot of work to design and manufacture the computer and battery if they chose to do that, hence why a lot of brands go for the “off the shelf” approach that Bosch and Shimano offer.

Plus his comment around service network is valid. Again people tend to misthink the Specialized service network is Brose. Two completely separate networks, linked through RMA of base
motor supply. With Bosch, there is much stronger and more established service network than Brose has in this space, hence it derisks the bike manufacturer by having that support in the event of an issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles