Plummet is in the house.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Hey team,

I just signed up. I've been riding since 1994. Race xc until 2002, DH 1998 to 2006.
Been enduro/dh riding ever since.

My favourite type if riding is steep natural tech black, double black or so stupid its not in the bike park difficult. I'm also chasing my 14 yr boy on flow, jump and dh trails and am hitting up to 10m gaps and 15ft drops.

I am on the hunt for an e-bike and currently am looking very closely at a Pole Voima.

My daughter has an Orbea rise which i steal from time to time. Rode up a dried up river bet on it one day. That was crazy ass.....

1678993897501.png

20220227_120737.jpg
mt starvall.jpg

1678994227278.png

1678994265947.png

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
Glad to see you come over to this sight. Honestly, this is such a refreshing site to come and interact with after being on MTBR. No ebike hate or regular bike hate. Here for the most part people treat others much nicer than over at MTBR.

It’s sad to see still so many internet tough guys at MTBR, because in the real world you really don’t see such negativity to e-bikes.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Cheers team.

Yeah pic 3 was scary af. You cant really see the line from the photo angle. What you are looking at is the crash zone if you stuff up.......

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Judging from these pics you should be right at home with the Voima as well should you pull the trigger.
My mountain bikes are 2 x Rocky slayers 165/180mm and a Mondraker Summom 200mm dh bike.

I was going down the light full power e-bike route like the 23 orbea wild at 21kg. But I rode the 160mm e bike in anger last weekend and came to the conclusion that there's little point having a 7-10kg heavier bike that is less capable on the down.

If it's heavy AF in needs to descend like a Mofo. Enter the Voima I guess.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
MTBR member here as well, tired of the bullshit over there. Apparently we’re nothing but trail terminators on weapons of mass destruction.
Yeah, I tried for a while to convince them with logic and facts. But they are not interested in the facts getting in the way of a good witch hunt.

It's called an argument from ignorance.

Twindaddy

Nov 29, 2022
Chino Hills
Yeah, I tried for a while to convince them with logic and facts. But they are not interested in the facts getting in the way of a good witch hunt.

It's called an argument from ignorance.
I find it funny that MTB was essentially started by a group of misfits bombing downhill with whatever they wanted….and having a blast doing it. Now the sport is filled with stiffs telling people what/how/where they can ride, and what mtb is or isnt. “Mtb is about the work..earning your turns……” blah blah. They can pound sand. Those early guys were not climbing with those klunkers. They certainly didnt give a rats ass about what others thought. There was no logic or facts when this started and there certainly wasnt a need to convince anyone of anything.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I find it funny that MTB was essentially started by a group of misfits bombing downhill with whatever they wanted….and having a blast doing it. Now the sport is filled with stiffs telling people what/how/where they can ride, and what mtb is or isnt. “Mtb is about the work..earning your turns……” blah blah. They can pound sand. Those early guys were not climbing with those klunkers. They certainly didnt give a rats ass about what others thought. There was no logic or facts when this started and there certainly wasnt a need to convince anyone of anything.
The anti ebike thing seems to be predominantly American attitude , sure,there are some people in Europe/ the UK who think the same, but because a pedelec is classed in law the same as a regular bicycle you don't get any of the ' no ebikes allowed' restrictions over here and everyone gets on fine.

North woods gal

Mar 21, 2023
north woods of Wisconsin
Yet another escapee from the mbtr. Got impossible to have a discussion over there on e-bikes without being told all about e-mtbs by people who have never ridden one. Ask a question on suspension or dropper posts and you get page after page of technical differences. Ask a specific question on an e-mtb and, nope, all the haters pile on and lump all e-bikes and those who ride them as being all the same. (Yup, my 37 pound Turbo Levo SL with its mighty 240 watt motor is a weapon of mass destruction and I'm destroying trails when I ride it ... and worse.)

Came here for discussions with specific information on e-mtbs and e features, same as any other mtb feature.

Last edited:

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Yet another escapee from the mbtr. Got impossible to have a discussion over there on e-bikes without being told all about e-mtbs by people who have never ridden one. Ask a question on suspension or dropper posts and you get page after page of technical differences. Ask a specific question on an e-mtb and, nope, all the haters pile on and lump all e-bikes and those who ride them as being all the same. (Yup, my 37 pound Turbo Levo SL with its mighty 240 watt motor is a weapon of mass destruction and I'm destroying trails when I ride it ... and worse.)

Came here for discussions with specific information on e-mtbs and e features, same as any other mtb feature.
What a heathen.......:cool:.

I approve of such heathenistic behaviour.

North woods gal

Mar 21, 2023
north woods of Wisconsin
Yeah, that's me, a heathen. :)

Over my lifetime of riding I've actually been pretty reluctant to jump on new trends in the mtb world, though. Took me a longtime to even go full suspension or wider bars or the new geometry and so on. Took a lot of testing before I switched over, but when something actually works and is useful for me, I go for it. Going e has been the same. Did a ton or research and test riding and here I am. I still mostly ride my regular bikes, but there are times when going e just makes so much sense. Great tool to have when I want it.

theMISSIONARY

Feb 19, 2019
Tasmania
ah I see a kiwi has entered the chat :p

MTBR was a good site years ago, but the general shift in society(try and have a serious conversation on just about any subject and watch the ad hominem attacks come out)has infected the site

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles