Pictures of the new Levo with a few upgrades @ Raceco.

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
Looks very nice!!

I am so fucking pissed at Specialized about this model refresh. I ordered an S-Works Levo in December, 2017. Paid in full. Was told I would get the bike in Feb, then March, then April.

I started calling ridercare at Specialized to ask about the delay (you know, since the LBS already had my $10K) and they just said the bike was back ordered.

Then the ETA was changed to June. I asked if I should just wait until 2019 and asked if there was going to be a refresh. They said no changes planned and that the bike would be the same (except maybe with some different colors).

So I waited. Finally got the bike in late June of this year. I was underwhelmed. The carbon wheels are great and nothing like the snappiness of brand new components. But the motor was much louder than my 2016 and, yes, seemed a little more powerful but not an enormous difference. Of course, the bike is still a tank at 50lbs.

Now Specialized releases a much improved version of the Levo. Lighter, integrated battery, 29er, etc. And a mere 3 months ago I dropped $10K on an outdated model.

Icing on the cake: Specialized has a "do not ride" order on all the bikes with the Ohlins fork as apparently the top cap can come off and the internals of the fork can come out while riding the bike. So the bike is sitting at the shop until further notice.

I would really like Specialized to take this bike back and give me some money back. I'd go for the new Expert (S-works just not worth it - super high end components on an E-bike don't make the same difference they do on a conventional bike). But this is probably a pipe dream.

Anyway, F Specialize. They lied to me and told me there was no model change planned. I should have canceled my order when they kept delaying.

(Sorry to hi-jack the thread)
Yeah that sucks

Matt00

Sep 30, 2018
Worcestershire
Awesome customisation. Looking at the same bike (in blue) and upgrades with raceco. Going for the 160 forks, Fox dps rear shock and fox transfer. Only thing I’m undecided on are the brakes. Reviews and testing for the guide re are all positive. How do you find them?

Marcus Arrowsmith

Sep 7, 2018
uk
Awesome customisation. Looking at the same bike (in blue) and upgrades with raceco. Going for the 160 forks, Fox dps rear shock and fox transfer. Only thing I’m undecided on are the brakes. Reviews and testing for the guide re are all positive. How do you find them?
Brakes are good, no need to change.

Marcus Arrowsmith

Sep 7, 2018
uk
What do you think of the bike overall Marcus having given it a good blast?
Great bike, took a bit of getting used too because it feels so much lighter and faster. I have had 6 ebikes in the last 4 years, all top end ones and this is defo the best I,ve had. Really good all rounder. It does feel so much lighter. Motor is good and quiet compared to Bosch. Specialized have done a great job.

Matt00

Sep 30, 2018
Worcestershire
Great bike, took a bit of getting used too because it feels so much lighter and faster. I have had 6 ebikes in the last 4 years, all top end ones and this is defo the best I,ve had. Really good all rounder. It does feel so much lighter. Motor is good and quiet compared to Bosch. Specialized have done a great job.
Thanks Marcus, much appreciated. Looking forward to giving one a go!

Egregor

Oct 4, 2018
Florida
Anyone knows where can i find a Sworks 2019 Levo? The dealers i have talked to they are giving me an ETA of January 2019!

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
I’d be beyond pissed, I’m in CA home of the big S. I’d have my rep, shop and us sales managers ass over this. They would hear from me daily until resolved. But I hear the new levo is recalled / not being sold due to a noise issue. So your in quite a predicament.

dre'

Oct 4, 2018
Salt Lake City, Utah
I’d be beyond pissed, I’m in CA home of the big S. I’d have my rep, shop and us sales managers ass over this. They would hear from me daily until resolved. But I hear the new levo is recalled / not being sold due to a noise issue. So your in quite a predicament.
You are absolutely correct. I've been waiting for the Sworks to come into my store for a few weeks now only to see in writing and in person, the memo detailing the motor noise issue on some models and the halting of distributing ALL 2019 Levo's until they can be test ridden to find out if they have a bad motor or not. Bad timing to have all the press releases and debut's and then not be able to stock these bikes due to motor issues.

Ron

Patreon
Sep 27, 2018
Campbell, CA USA
Very sweet looking ride
I picked up the dark blue 2019 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon a couple weeks ago and have 6 rides on it, going to Lake Tahoe 10/12 for a long weekend to ride and hang out
Went with the blue/white because my local shop had it in my size and I knew I needed to get the bike before some else road out with it, and I would be waiting for more to come into the shop. I’m very happy with it, but I really think the bright red is very sharp, would be a tough choice
Congratulations

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
What is the rear shock on the bike now and what size? I’m finding mine bottoming out a lot even though I have three volume spacers in the shock and am thinking of changing it.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
210mm lenght
52.5mm stroke
Thanks, I meant on Markus’s red TL that he’s upgraded with a new fox shock. I can see that he’s changed it but can’t see to what shock from the photos. I have an Expert model myself and even with three tokens it keeps bottoming out over jumps.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Thanks, I meant on Markus’s red TL that he’s upgraded with a new fox shock. I can see that he’s changed it but can’t see to what shock from the photos. I have an Expert model myself and even with three tokens it keeps bottoming out over jumps.

I have some wider shoulders as well and thought adding some volume spacers would help. In the end I took out all volume spacers and set it up with the right sag and all worked out fine for me.

Marcus Arrowsmith

Sep 7, 2018
uk
Upgraded the wheels to carbon.

DsnGVuohSFObAJI+YR9qsg.jpg

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Nice, btw, what bike stand is that you are using? My current Topeak stand can’t really handle the weight of the ebike so it slips out of the grip easily.

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
I have some wider shoulders as well and thought adding some volume spacers would help. In the end I took out all volume spacers and set it up with the right sag and all worked out fine for me.
That seems counter intuitive to look what I have read about air volume reducing tokens are meant to do. Might try it though.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
If you don't mind, I am curious as to what other E bikes you have had in the past four years that you are comparing this to?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles