Pictures of the new Levo with a few upgrades @ Raceco.

R120

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What travel are the forks?

Al Boneta

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
(y) What colour are you going for Al?
To be quite honest, I really dislike all of the colors the more I look at them. I am going for an expert when I am able to do an employee purchase, but I am not into either. I will probably do a custom paint job.

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
Very nice. Im gagging to get mine. Interesting to hear that you don't notice the different between the stock fork the and Fox 36. Especially as it has a little more travel.

Sep 7, 2018
uk
Ride
cube & spec
Very nice. Im gagging to get mine. Interesting to hear that you don't notice the different between the stock fork the and Fox 36. Especially as it has a little more travel.
I never rode it with the stock fork, so cannot compare.

R120

Patreon
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
That HRC Repsol top is pretty sweet too!

Sep 7, 2018
California
Ride
Levo Turbo
Looks very nice!!

I am so peeved at Specialized about this model refresh. I ordered an S-Works Levo in December, 2017. Paid in full. Was told I would get the bike in Feb, then March, then April.

I started calling ridercare at Specialized to ask about the delay (you know, since the LBS already had my $10K) and they just said the bike was back ordered.

Then the ETA was changed to June. I asked if I should just wait until 2019 and asked if there was going to be a refresh. They said no changes planned and that the bike would be the same (except maybe with some different colors).

So I waited. Finally got the bike in late June of this year. I was underwhelmed. The carbon wheels are great and nothing like the snappiness of brand new components. But the motor was much louder than my 2016 and, yes, seemed a little more powerful but not an enormous difference. Of course, the bike is still a tank at 50lbs.

Now Specialized releases a much improved version of the Levo. Lighter, integrated battery, 29er, etc. And a mere 3 months ago I dropped $10K on an outdated model.

Icing on the cake: Specialized has a "do not ride" order on all the bikes with the Ohlins fork as apparently the top cap can come off and the internals of the fork can come out while riding the bike. So the bike is sitting at the shop until further notice.

I would really like Specialized to take this bike back and give me some money back. I'd go for the new Expert (S-works just not worth it - super high end components on an E-bike don't make the same difference they do on a conventional bike). But this is probably a pipe dream.

(Sorry to hi-jack the thread)

Last edited:

Mike Smith

E*POWAH Master
May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Ride
Levo
Hmmm.. Don't know the law over the pond, but over here there possibly is a way to get the money back as it's not fit for purpose ??

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending