personal comparison of Rise M20 to Rise H30

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I have owned a Rise M20 with many mods since last October. I love it. Today I ordered a Rise H30 for my wife. Why the H30 over another M20. Well for her the H30 is more than enough at like $1800 less. Also for her bike I will be fitting 27.5 wheels for her to have a bit more standover.
M20 is lighter but honestly not by much, picking one up then the other you can feel a bit but really not noticable. Certainly not 1800 lighter. componentwise the H30 is actually fine, I might uprgrade the brakes but I did that on my M20 also. I do not think the fox 34 is really significantly better than the Bomber that is on the H30. The battery capacity on the H30 is deffinitly better, big advantage there as with that I would probably never need or want an external battery, which was almost $600 for my M20 and was needed for certain rides. It is noce to not have to have the extra weight when I do not need it but again 1800?????
The other nice thing on the H30 is that it comes with the display. On my bike I run my Garmin, and that works perfectly well unless I want to swap power profiles, depending on the trail. For that the little display on the H30 is great.
The only real negative I could find on the H30 is the bottom tube that houses the battery is deffinitly bulkier, it is visable when they are side by side. My M20 honestly can pass for a Amish bike while the H30 might not.
If I was to do it again, I deffinitly save the 1800 (plus the 600 for the Range ext) and have gotten the H30

May 4, 2018
Canberra
I have owned a Rise M20 with many mods since last October. I love it. Today I ordered a Rise H30 for my wife. Why the H30 over another M20. Well for her the H30 is more than enough at like $1800 less. Also for her bike I will be fitting 27.5 wheels for her to have a bit more standover.
M20 is lighter but honestly not by much, picking one up then the other you can feel a bit but really not noticable. Certainly not 1800 lighter. componentwise the H30 is actually fine, I might uprgrade the brakes but I did that on my M20 also. I do not think the fox 34 is really significantly better than the Bomber that is on the H30. The battery capacity on the H30 is deffinitly better, big advantage there as with that I would probably never need or want an external battery, which was almost $600 for my M20 and was needed for certain rides. It is noce to not have to have the extra weight when I do not need it but again 1800?????
The other nice thing on the H30 is that it comes with the display. On my bike I run my Garmin, and that works perfectly well unless I want to swap power profiles, depending on the trail. For that the little display on the H30 is great.
The only real negative I could find on the H30 is the bottom tube that houses the battery is deffinitly bulkier, it is visable when they are side by side. My M20 honestly can pass for a Amish bike while the H30 might not.
If I was to do it again, I deffinitly save the 1800 (plus the 600 for the Range ext) and have gotten the H30
great comparison mate

Jdz

Jan 2, 2022
LHC
How’s the m20 and h30 holding up? Still feel the h30 is the better buy?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
New M-series Rise can be bought with 540whr battery negating advantage but price still an issue against alloy H-series.

Reactions: Jdz

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles