Peak District weekend, 30th & 31st October

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
Saturday 30th October - Black Rocks, near Matlock, for a day of technical, gnarly descents.

Sunday 31st October - A ride in the High Peak somewhere, maybe around the Ladybower Loop (20 miles/3,000 foot of climbing).

Beers and curry on the Saturday night somewhere around Ashbourne/Matlock way.

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
Hi one and all, everyone welcome to come along.

Kick off will be at 09:00 (no one is hiring a bike but there's some folks coming a fair distance to ride so can't start too early) and we'll meet at the bottom of the Roman Road on the Edale Valley Road, here..

There's parking at loads of layby's and spaces leading from the Hope side of the road.

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
I was at the meeting point, in my van sheltering from the biblical rain, from 08.15 until 09.00 and didn't see a soul on a mountain bike and I was just getting a steady stream of messages from riders dropping out due to the weather so I went back home and cooked a big batch of ragu sauce and sat with my dogs, sulking at the weather....

chutz666

May 18, 2020
doncaster
Must have rode past you, cube stereo tm parked near cafe Black civic type r had a couple of hours then coffe bacon sarnie.
Maybe next time

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
did you get up to Black Rocks on sat ?
I got to Black rocks, yes.

Did I ride at black rocks, no.

Rear wheel's valve disintegrated as I tried to put a couple of psi in while I was in the car park. By the time I'd gone to my workshop and sorted it it was hammering it down so called it a day...

The weather is looking better Tuesday and Thursday so I'll probably head up to black rocks during the day then.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Any of you guys up for arranging another ride?

I am recovering from collarbone surgery last November so I wasn’t able to sign up to the is at the time but would love to tag along to another ride like this, I’m well on The mend and riding agin

I live around 1hrs drive to the peaks so close but my riding group is mostly FOD, Wales and Cannock. I know Ladybower and cut gate but that’s about it and would live to explore more.

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
I'm up for rides too, live an hour-ish from Peaks too - usually ride Llandegla, Cannock, Rivington Pike which I can show you all around if you've never ridden it.

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
Yeah Llandegla can get sketchy if you run out of skill, I tend to just take it easy round there now - I still do the blacks but I am not a loony and attempt the big jumps.

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
I'd also be up for a ride, I've never ridden the Peaks, and mostly ride Llandegla, or Rivington Pike. Be good to get something organised :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles